Beta Ignition Idea, Another Epiphany?

dan williams

Guest majestyman340
No Dan I'm not a dealer, its just my sense humour, I'm not getting at you. I have had most bikes in recent years and I'm not brand loyal to anyone, I just buy what I fancy riding.

What grinds my gears as you put it is the quality we receive from all the manufacturers not just Beta. To give a more balanced view I own a sherco and the standard rear shock is very poor and tends to fail in the uk, not all of them but enough to be an issue. I had a few Gas Gas Pros, fantastic bikes to ride but the kickstart gears break, the gearboxes are weak and I had ignition problems on two of them. I have had a scorpa, that was the most reliable bike but I found it difficult to ride. I have never owned a 4rt but many people replace the sumpgaurd and footrest brackets for more robust items.

I had an 03 and an 04 Rev 3 and I am a very rare owner in that the original ignition never failed on either bike. The funny thing was John Lampkin sent me an ignition stator the week before the six days to fit which was supposed to be of better quality. When fitted to the bike it didnt even spark and it was brand new ! What sort of quality control had that component passed ? I put the original one back on and it was still working fine 6 months later.

My question to you Dan is why you are working to resolve a problem Beta have had for five years that I am aware of ? Why arent Beta and the rest of the manufacturers resolving what are well known problems ? And why are people so keen to see the xispa fail ?

If ignition failure is so common, it seems very strange that so many people buy Beta's? There again if you are saying there are issues with nearly every current bike, then perhaps riders need to look at a properly rebuilt old twinshock for bulletproof reliable machinery?

• 5 weeks later...

any day now there'll be two little Baldi's kicking off on regular basis, we'll call in and see you mate !

Aye,but I'm not baby-sitting :rotfl:

Anyway what we doin' in the Beta forum?... they type with their knuckles y'nah ! :banana2: