Ez Pull Clutch Device

eric23

Just got back from a window shopping trip at my local bike shop. They had an EZ Pull clutch accessory marketed by Moose. I didn't see any instructions on the packaging (or in the package for that matter). My TY175 could use all the help in the clutch dept. and I was wondering if anybody out there has seen such a device installed or heard anything about them.

EZ clutch is a leverage amplifier. It works on most bikes. Tried on an '81 Maico 490 once and it dragged badly. Only time they don't work is when disengagement is a problem. Most Japanese bikes dont really have this problem. On Yamahas a lever extension is just as good. They might still be available from Yamaha accessory dept.

The Yam clutch is normally v.light, I suggest a venhill featherlight clutch cable would be a better move.

Very good point. A new cable and upgraded perch/lever assembly would be a very good investment.

A 3/4" extension on the clutch arm and make your own cable using thinner, more flexible cable will give you a 1-finger clutch.

Get the cable at most hardware stores and the ends from the "HELP" section at the auto parts store. Those little brass ferrules with a set screw.

Tighten the set screw, cut off the head and load it up with solder.