Dob Park, Chris Carter Cancelled

benlampkin

Hello

I have recently been informed that todays British National trial at Dob Park has been canceled due to heavy snow!

Yeadon and Guiesley are very sorry for any inconvenience but the road leading to the venue is unaccessible.

Ben Lampkin

Lot of places pretty bad today, as I look out the office window 500m visibility in a fairly moderate Snow shower and Aberdeen is not too bad. Think about the poor bu&&ers competing in the British Enduro round at Lossiemouth today and tomorrow, studded knobblies??

lots of showers still to come today as well

I'm under 10 miles away from the Lomax start, and happy to day it's sunny today in Oswestry. Forecast more sun tomorrow, so should be OK I would think.

Worth checking though if you've got a club contact, we are right on the edge of the hills, and it can be very different just a few miles away.

I'm under 10 miles away from the Lomax start, and happy to day it's sunny today in Oswestry. Forecast more sun tomorrow, so should be OK I would think.

Worth checking though if you've got a club contact, we are right on the edge of the hills, and it can be very different just a few miles away.

Cool, thanks :hyper:

The problem with Dob Park is that the access is a lane that gets pretty steep as you approach the car park. It is also under trees so does not thaw as quickly as the surrounding roads. Given this it was wise to call it off early.

As I rode over the tops of the hills struggling to clear enough snow from my goggles to see the blizzard in front of me, and my nose froze, I was thinking of BillyCraig in his shorts and flipflops due to my weather forecast.

Bloody BBC - how can you get it so wrong - it was a full sun symbol just 24 hours before and I was in a blizzard!

As I rode over the tops of the hills struggling to clear enough snow from my goggles to see the blizzard in front of me, and my nose froze, I was thinking of BillyCraig in his shorts and flipflops due to my weather forecast.

Bloody BBC - how can you get it so wrong - it was a full sun symbol just 24 hours before and I was in a blizzard!

Ha, was an awesome day. Was a little chilly on the long ride between group 5 and 6 (i think). Their was sun at some point I'm sure.