Bangor Updates

city trials

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've good reason for defending the lad here as I think Craig has been overly critical of his performance.

Andy, I love that kid to death. Yes, I'm hard on him, but this five wasn't the reason I was soooo ticked with him yesterday.

Now, remember, what happens on the road - stays on the road. It's OVER! We're all cool today and can't wait to do battle in Tennessee.

Section three is where the points came from, but as you say, it is all history now, and a heluva good ride nontheless!

Learning to shake this stuff off is just as important as anything, you just take a lesson and move on. Trials is Trials!

And tell RYPat I found the ball in the mouth thingie he wanted to go with the Michelin man suit! Had to make a special trip to the local specility shop! No prob!

Prey for rain in TN------NOT! :rolleyes:

I just got home and comfy - ready to do Pat's report for the home-page. Pat, not being in one of his more overly talkative moods, I went to see if I could steal a few quotes from his blog.

I'll let you guys read it for yourself. I couldn't have done it any justice. He said everything I would've wrote.

Edited by City Trials

Thought pat did well enough, but the challenge is to ride well all year and the competition is going to be there all the time. jack Challoner has a great team behind him, a terrific bike and an established minder. Chavez is not the best option IMHO and to perform in Europe he needs to embrace our trials culture and keep his a$$ here as much as possible. Don't let him touch the 290 till he's 18 is my view.

At the risk of sounding ignorant, Was Luxemburg the first event then Bangor second and third.

It appears Patrick competed in another event in Bangor, the European Championship.

There's an FIM page with a Bangor Junior 125 class (two conflicting dates on that page) and then a link to a PDF of results showing Patrick with a 1st place.

Chavez is not the best option IMHO and to perform in Europe he needs to embrace our trials culture and keep his a$$ here as much as possible.

Unless Sigmund Freud could ride a trials bike and follow Pat around Sunday, I'd rather have no one else handling those minding duties at the world level right now. Give me a freaking break. David is just fine. As for the other comment, you're full of it IMHO.

What I'm saying is, for years you guys wanted us in the series. For years America has been wanting someone to ride at this level - and now we're here. You guys know it's more than a rider at this level. There are only a handful in America who knows what it's like. It's the whole package. Try staying three up in a shoe-box hotel room for a two weeks straight. Four-up on weekends.

I pose this to you Nigel, email Jordi Tarres and ask him how we're doing so far. Then get back with us. I don't think we're doing half bad at the moment under such circumstances. After all, Pat's going up against the worlds best in his class and he's giving you guys a run for your money.

Edited by City Trials

Unless Sigmund Freud could ride a trials bike and follow Pat around Sunday, I'd rather have no one else handling those minding duties at the world level right now. Give me a freaking break. David is just fine. As for the other comment, you're full of it IMHO.

What I'm saying is, for years you guys wanted us in the series. For years America has been wanting someone to ride at this level - and now we're here. You guys know it's more than a rider at this level. There are only a handful in America who knows what it's like. It's the whole package. Try staying three up in a shoe-box hotel room for a two weeks straight. Four-up on weekends.

I pose this to you Nigel, email Jordi Tarres and ask him how we're doing so far. Then get back with us. I don't think we're doing half bad at the moment under such circumstances. After all, Pat's going up against the worlds best in his class and he's giving you guys a run for your money.

I don't see where you get this attitude from, only trying to help!

I don't need Jordi to tell me how well youare/arenot doing I've seen the kid up close, very close in 2007 and these last two 08 events.

We never wanted Americans per se, its great for you guys to have someone to cheer but it means diddly squat whether he's here or not imho.

Didn't know Sigmund rode trials, and quite how someone with a liking for charlie could help a young lad escapes me. IMHO.

We never wanted Americans per se, its great for you guys to have someone to cheer but it means diddly squat whether he's here or not imho.

Please dont take the above comment to reflect what we all think. Looking at the bigger picture, I strongly believe that trials can benefit hugely from a succesful US rider.

On another note, reading Jacks report, its clear to see that his first win with the stated bike problems was some achievement. Well done Jack. :rolleyes:

Im going to the US round so see you there.

I think you're both right (or wrong?)

It makes no difference to me whether an American rides the Worlds or not but it is good to see Smage getting stuck in, having a good go and doing so well.

Well done to all the young guns, no matter which continent they are from... :thumbup:

Well said K, consistency wins championships, Pat has been very consistent in his rides, the three time penalties that cost him the first round may have been well planned by his compitition, all it takes is the lad who won it to ask his countryman [Raga] to hold Pat up a bit to secure first place.

Lot of tricks to learn, but if he can claim good results when green, he will take some beating when he is seasoned.

Results and time will get more sponsorship along with backup in the event's until then you can only work with the tools you have, he must be doing something right to get the results he has.

Well said K, consistency wins championships, Pat has been very consistent in his rides, the three time penalties that cost him the first round may have been well planned by his compitition, all it takes is the lad who won it to ask his countryman [Raga] to hold Pat up a bit to secure first place.

Ishy, i find this very hard to believe with out any facts.