Bultaco Sherpa Shocks

bultobob

Can anyone provide the contact details I should use to buy a pair of " Majicals". Email, web site would be good. Does Mick himself sell them

If it's any help, although i see you are in Aus so perhaps as easy to contact Spain as Woodies says, but Alan Whitton sells them in GB but as the Scottish is only days away you may not get him on the phone as he's probably up to is neck is swarf :thumbup:

01246419805 is his number.

I've got them fitted to my James and also had a pair on a B40 which i sold to someone else on this site and have been very pleased with them.

No connection with Alan other than always had good service from him and found him very helpful.

Thanks-I will try & contact Allen. Prefer to deal with someone in the UK because my experience in getting stuff out of Europe to Australia is that the air freight charges ( surface mail apparently does not exist ) are a bloody rip off

• 10 years later...

Sorry to revive this old thread but I have related question. I have a set of falcons on my Sherpa that need rebuilding, having no damping. They came with the bike I am restoring. Before I go to that effort I thought I would ask if anyone knows if these look like trials or MX shocks, as they are very stiff (even for MX really). They have no markings or model numbers that I can see on them. I don't want to go to the effort of servicing them if I can't use them on the bully.

Cheers

falcon_shock.jpg

On 6/9/2018 at 1:54 PM, cornishflyer said:

Sorry to revive this old thread but I have related question. I have a set of falcons on my Sherpa that need rebuilding, having no damping. They came with the bike I am restoring. Before I go to that effort I thought I would ask if anyone knows if these look like trials or MX shocks, as they are very stiff (even for MX really). They have no markings or model numbers that I can see on them. I don't want to go to the effort of servicing them if I can't use them on the bully.

Cheers

falcon_shock.jpg

They look like Falcon Classic steel bodied Trials shocks and they may have no damping because they are fitted upside down. Try them the other way up before doing anything rash. You can get Falcons made so that they will work up that way, but standard Falcons only work properly the other way up to yours in the photo.

The spring rate is usually engraved on the end of each spring in pounds/inch. If they are trials springs they should have 40 or 50 engraved. You will need to remove a spring to be able to read the engraving

• Like 1

Thanks feetupfun. 

I got an email from Robin at Falcon. It turned out these are MX shocks with 80 engraved on the springs which is way to heavy for my weight on a trails bike. Ne did say I had them on the wrong way around but that didn't help the damping. I'm on the look out for another set I think.

Cheers

51 minutes ago, cornishflyer said:

Thanks feetupfun. 

I got an email from Robin at Falcon. It turned out these are MX shocks with 80 engraved on the springs which is way to heavy for my weight on a trails bike. Ne did say I had them on the wrong way around but that didn't help the damping. I'm on the look out for another set I think.

Cheers

Do you want to sell them?