No Spark?

fastandyc

lost all spark on me rev3,its an 06 model.had it running about 2 weeks ago just for 10 mins or so,everything fine and dandy!

today i went to start her just for a wee run,and lo and behold nothing?

i already had disconnected thekill switch,as it never worked!

just wondering what to look for?

very strange this just happened overnight and not when the bike was running?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lost all spark on me rev3,its an 06 model.had it running about 2 weeks ago just for 10 mins or so,everything fine and dandy!

today i went to start her just for a wee run,and lo and behold nothing?

i already had disconnected thekill switch,as it never worked!

just wondering what to look for?

very strange this just happened overnight and not when the bike was running?

first try a differant plug....... then stater then CDI

Try taking the nut off the flywheel and tap it a few times on the outside,it may not be too tight on the taper and will come off.Mine came off easily.

I would also advise anyone to always have a kill switch wired up to their bikes.I have seen people fall off in mud or on a hill and the throttle jams wide open.With no kill switch how do you stop it? By the time you turn the petrol off and the carb emptys it will have done some major damage.Just my opinion mind.I race twinshock scrambles and am not allowed to ride without a kill switch.

cheers davie!

i usually lift the bike and fire her upside down if its revvin its tits off!

found out tonight its my own stupid fault,ive no spark! had the flywheel weight off for a while now,the 2 screws that held her on were bald as me!

so i found 2 with the same thread and countersunk,but,never noticed they were a little longer,screwed em in went to kick the bike,nothing,just solid! and just that little thing has damaged the windings on my stator plate!

had a look in tonight with a torch as i spun the flywheel and noticed the damage!

feel lick a right prick now!

probably need a new stator!

ill try a puller from work tomorrow to see if i can get the flywheel off for a better look.

looking through beata uk price list can anyone tell me what they call the stator in the price list?

do they actually call it the stator?

its ok guys just found the parts breakdown!

Edited by fastandyc

As much for others as yourself please put a proper kill switch on the thing once you get it fixed. It could save your friend's fingers as well as your engine.

i will put a proper kill switch on it,one that will work for mre than a week!

right just on me lunch here at the mo!

coggled a puller to get the flywheel off,to see the damage,the actual windings are fine!

theresa little black plasticy piece,beside the windings,a piece has broke off it!,ill take a few pics tonight to show you what i mean