No Spark?

fastandyc

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cils arent damaged on the stator,just the little plastic,pick up? with the 3 wires in it from the cdi!

dunno if it can be ewasily sorted?

any ideas?

all that actually broke off was a tiny bit of plastic that looked to be closing this little plastic block off?

you can see it in between the coils!

DSC_0130.jpg

I don't think you can tell just by looking at it.Only way is to try a new one,I think.There is some resistance tests you can do,look on Bradford Ignition services website for details here http://www.uk-motoplat.com/home.html I'm not sure how reliable the tests are.My friend has a Bultaco Pursang classic scrambler which had no spark,I done the tests with my basic multimeter and it tested ok but a replacement stator fixed the bike.

the stator itself is ok,no damage,the only thing that stopped the bike sparking is the damage to that little plastic box with the cdi wires in it?

just wondering if i can fix it,or just buy it on its own!

its seperate from the stator plate!

can someone else post a pic of there stator?

so i can see what that plug should have on the end?

I think what you're asking for requires one of us with a perfectly running bike to pull off our flywheel to take a picture for you. You might be waiting a while. Maybe Lampkins or one of the other importers can pull a part out of the bin to shoot a picture but you're not likely to get any volunteers among the proletariat.

Hiya,

The black boxes (i believe) are effectively triggers which signal the CDI to fire the spark plug. Trashing that may make the bike run erratically or not at all, I don't really know.

There does look to be some damage to the forward coil, unforturnately with electronics a problem may not be particularly evident from a visual inspection, even if the thing is absolutely shafted.

If you are in the UK then contact lampkins for a replacement part to try out on the bike, you can always return it if needs be provided that you explain the issue to them in the first place.

Bob

Hiya,

The black boxes (i believe) are effectively triggers which signal the CDI to fire the spark plug. Trashing that may make the bike run erratically or not at all, I don't really know.

There does look to be some damage to the forward coil, unforturnately with electronics a problem may not be particularly evident from a visual inspection, even if the thing is absolutely shafted.

If you are in the UK then contact lampkins for a replacement part to try out on the bike, you can always return it if needs be provided that you explain the issue to them in the first place.

Bob

well what happened was that i put 2 new bolts in the flywheel weight!.they were slightly longer oops.

when i went to kick her over the bolt caught the little black box,and did the damage,gonna try to sort it to see if i can regain my spark,i just need to see what it should be like,ie the cover that i put into pieces!