What Oil

shercoking94

thankyou for all of your ideas on what oil i think i will use the Shell Advanced 10W gear oil but i still odnt know how much to out in can any one help me or should i just fill it up to the top

many yhanks tom

WOAH! don't fill it up to the top, if you are on a rev3 then warm the engine up, remove the drain plug which is accessed through a hole in the bash plate, let the oil drain out, then replace the plug. Remove the filler plug, allow one just above the water pump on the LHS of the bike if I remember correctly and pour in 500ml of oil. The manual reccomends 550ml but this is after a gearbox rebuild, so doesn't account for any oil stuck to gears or in the clutch etc. Don't fill it to the top, you should be able to see the oil level somewhere in the little window when the bike is on level ground.

Bob

if you have a beta fill it til the eye glass is 3/4 the way full, i always use maxima 75wt. wet clutch oil and it works great no slip or grab or anything just smooth sailing and you should get 2 changes out of a quart for about $10.00 u.s. i see your profile thing says sherco, that gets 450cc's of fluid i also heard that mobil 1 10w40 was good to use also...............................john