Multi Bike?

wizardofos

Well Folks,

I am not saying what phil has done is right, but has any one spoke with this man. It is very easy for us to sit behind a computer screen and type away, give him his right to answer or at least speak with the club, my be he might have already(Highland lassie ?)

We have to remember there are people out there that have taken bigger trophies at this great event and they did not hand them back for doing the same thing.

I don't belive what has happened is right, but at least let him make amends for a mistake that will be with him for a long time.

Aye

P.S. On the fuel front don't give up on the Army yet I am still working on it even though I am retiring shortly.

Edited by Army Man

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have a point Army Man, but I do think some folks local to him have had a word in his ear already.

However, it's now up to the offender to sort it all out, as I said before, you get rumbled, apologise, sort out the problem, job done.

Big John

Is it maybe that Phil got mis-led by the way some teams behave in the ISDE ? I seem to recall a well known rider by the name of Andy Roberton, still riding well into the week of one event - despite rumors of him having broken his collar bone. - It was only when an official pulled down the goggles at a check that they discovered the " Gamesmanship"

Well Big J & HL,

I have always had a policy, that, on a monday morning if a soldier is in the sh-t from the weekend, he should be stood outside my office at 0800hrs ready to confess to the crime and take the punishment.

If not and I find out secound hand, then I rip his/her head of and Sh-t down their neck from a great height and they go staight to the pockie (Jail) for some corrective training.

I can make myself avalable when required.

Aye

The RSM

If not and I find out secound hand, then I rip his/her head of and Sh-t down their neck from a great height and they go staight to the pockie (Jail) for some corrective training.

I can make myself avalable when required.

Quality!!!! I can just picture Mr A cowered under his kitchen table as we speak!! :banana2:

on a purely selfish note having just missed out on first class award by 2 places and 2 marks to find out at least one person who finished above has not stuck to the rules kind of spoils it a bit.

I guess as well as the person who should have won the over 40 award there are several more people who have been pushed down a place in the overall scheme of things.

• 7 months later...

it is clear from the fact that his entry has been denied, that he clearly has his head firmly up his ar$e!

a simple letter and returned trophy would surely have helped. some of these so called names think they are above the rules .

im glad the club have stood firm on this matter and hopefully it will send a message to all ,it does not matter if you are a "name " dont take the pi$$ . he even had a smile about it the following day on the hill .whos smiling now!

It seems a shame that all this could have been fixed last May!

But there again, this is merely an open website and the opinions of those who view it don't really matter because the posters are not really important enough to matter.....

...OR ARE THEY? :D

Big John

Back in '88 when i did my first SSDT (remember I had travelled from NZ to do this event) I limped in to park and had to rebuild the back end of the bike. The PEMs parts guy handed me all the parts i needed, i struggled, I got the job done, no one helped and was 40min late. Phew, I was pleased to still be running.

Then some SOB whizzed into an awning in the park and had 3 guys work on his bike. i was STUNNED god i was mad. So i went a found the steward and told him. He put a stop to it. BUT i had to tell him even though he was in the same bl**dy place i was.

i found more of it going on in the park. Flipp'n eck! So i told the same steward.

I often thought that the stewards would act on what was pointed out to them..... but they did have a lot of apathy to the rules.

EVERYONE needs to make a stand and ask for stewards' help if something is not right..... you are not being a tattle-tail........ stewards can't be everywhere...... apply the rules!

Just because he's not on the list, is it a fact he had his entry returned or did he even enter.....

As regards swapping bikes it's hardly the first time it's happened and it probably won't be the last, he just got noticed by the wrong people (from his perspective) I'm not condoning it as rules are rules, but he isn't the only one to have ever done it. I know of instances back to the 70s where that happened.