Multi Bike?

wizardofos

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm amazed it has gone this far without being public as it was well talked about. I'm disappointed in the rider as he is certainly one who should know better than to try and cheat the system.

And no, it wasn't Jake - his Beta did actually carry his pie-enhanced frame round for the entire six days :D

Mind, to be fair - if the committee wish to save a few bob on finishers awards they could do a lot worse than mark a few more bits of the bikes during scrutineering. I was stunned by the amount of 'outside assistance' that went in to many riders bikes. The term reliability trial seems to have got lost somewhere.

Gizza 5 Looking at the size of the storage capacity on that bike couldn't you do a mobile fuel supply service and help keep the SSDT going single handed now the army has given it up. :P

Gizza 5 Looking at the size of the storage capacity on that bike couldn't you do a mobile fuel supply service and help keep the SSDT going single handed now the army has given it up. :D

30 litres in the tank alone keep a 4RT going for a few days :P

Hmmm, multi bike...multi rider seems more interesting!!! I wonder if they mark the riders with this special paint? One bike six mates, a day each and a party every night but one :P

The bike in question was making a "pop pop pop" noise early in the week, then a "pam pam pam" noise midweek, before "pop pop popping" again.

Genius ! How many peeps wet themselves when they read this! :D

p.s. I know of probably one who didn't :P

• 2 weeks later...

I know exactly who the rider was, but I am not prepared to spill the beans on here. I even approached the "guilty party" and asked if he had any problems with the bike during the week with such a serious and direct look right into his eyes that probably left him in no doubt that I knew exactly what had gone on! I knew what had happened during the morning the trial went through Piper's Burn!

I am absolutely disgusted that the rider in question did not do the honorable act of retiring, as he knew damn fine that he had been rumbled by observers during the trial.

I did not ever contemplate that a rider of such standing in the trials community was capable of denying another rider an award by swapping bikes.

The said rider should at least return any silverware immediately to the Edinburgh & District Motor Club with a suitable apology and "fall on his sword" sooner rather than later, to put the record straight without delay!!!!

Big John

(bitterly disappointed)