Forest Trophy Trial

bikespace

Hi all,

Latest rider list and start times below. It'll be on our website later, but wanted to get it on here as soon as possible.

It's in excel format at the moment - will convert to pdf later.

Any questions or queries, give me a buzz on 07879 423330

If I'm on my bike or unavailable, call Jean on 01691 828330

See you all on Sunday - best to get there early if poss - once the bikes start (9.30am), you'll be trying to get in against the flow of traffic.

It's a bumper entry so I suspect there will be queues through the first sections. Time is not that tight, so hang in there and it eases off throughout the day. Enjoy the views, the chat, the banter and hopefully the weather.

Doh - upload failed in excel format - watch this space - be here soon.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any advice for someone who is unfit, fat and riding this event?

Yep - enjoy! :-D

From someone who is unfit, fat and riding this event :P

It's no Scott trial, it's a sociable, fun day out with brilliant scenery and decent sections. Bound to be some queueing, especially at the first sections, but as long as you don't hang about too long at sections, you certainly don't have to fly round.

See you there, give me a shout when you pass my section, I'm one of the rider observers, the good looking sporty looking chap :-)

Good luck to all of you tomorrow :P hope it goes well, wished I had stuck an entry in for me and the legend now :D hope the Fantic goes well Atom and hope it spurs you on to do some more

Edited by The Addict

Good luck to all of you tomorrow :D hope it goes well, wished I had stuck an entry in for me and the legend now :P hope the Fantic goes well Atom and hope it spurs you on to do some more

212 riders and Spud only went and won didn't he ! :P (Stu looked very very disappointed ).... and yes, the Fantic was great. Much better than I expected and easily competitive on these sections. Took a little while on the first card to get into it again being I hadn't ridden for a year but I had some good rides and even beat Spud on some of the sections :crying: - One section I floated it off a near 5ft drop off and the observer was shaking his head after. He told me off for abusing it ! lol

However, there isn't anyway I will get back into riding. It was a good day out but I much prefer watching Ross ride these days than riding myself :blink:

It was a lucky win. Excellent trial and AA was getting the hang of the Fantic to the point of me considering taking it off him :P . i'd say AA beat me on the second set of punch cards - the '5' was unfair mate. I witnessed my Fantic (in the gifted hands of AA) float on the back wheel into that section that moments before an Intermediate rider had gone over the bars at the same entry point! The observer didn't know it wasn't AA's bike, i would have told him its not my bike so it don't matter :D . I'm glad your happy to watch Ross because your a better rider than what you think lady luck was not on your side. Best of luck to Stu next year and bad luck with the going the wrong way at section 13.

despite the weather (didn't we say this last year), excellent trial, sections about right and lots of fun.

I missed the last 4 sections with some electrical issues (see here) but was concerned about getting the bike back across the windswept moors to the van :-) Managed to use three gears in the sections on the Beta so must be good. Anyway, talk about hard-core observers, especially those on the last group out on the top....

Another enjoyable event even though the weather did its hardest to spoil things.

Many thanks to all the course plotters, organisers, observers, score girls etc. who put in an awful lot of hard work to run this event

Another enjoyable event even though the weather did its hardest to spoil things.

Many thanks to all the course plotters, organisers, observers, score girls etc. who put in an awful lot of hard work to run this event

Ditto :P - And what's with the weather? Last year was awful and this year much worse. The wind across the moors from the last set of sections was unreal to the extent of having to lean into the wind to stay upright!

T'was fun though :D

Did the Bultaco behave all the way round?