Do You Think This Fuel Screw Fits Scorpa 125f Carb?

dennisgr

The Scorpa 125F has a very hard to get at fuel screw. Guess what, I never adjusted it. I have been looking for a long time for a fuel screw that you can adjust without tools. Jitsi has a screw for Mikuni carbs but I think it is an air screw only for twostroke carbs. In an ad for fiddy parts I saw this fuel screw for Mikuni 22 mm fourstroke carbs:

http://www.workzparts.com/default.asp?c=se...&query=1695

Do you think it fits the Scorpa 125F Mikuni 20 mm carb?

The Scorpa 125F has a very hard to get at fuel screw. Guess what, I never adjusted it. I have been looking for a long time for a fuel screw that you can adjust without tools. Jitsi has a screw for Mikuni carbs but I think it is an air screw only for twostroke carbs. In an ad for fiddy parts I saw this fuel screw for Mikuni 22 mm fourstroke carbs:

http://www.workzparts.com/default.asp?c=se...&query=1695

Do you think it fits the Scorpa 125F Mikuni 20 mm carb?

Difficult to know for sure. Sending the Swedish description through a translator doesn't produce very good results. But, from what can be made out, it appears that they are representing it as a pretty generic part, for any 06 or 07 Mikuni carbs, with a fine thread. Their only warning about possible problems appears to be in the last paragraph, where they point out that certain carbs, such as the VM26, may have a course thread, and not be compatable. One would assume that the VM22 would be a match, for the part.

• 5 weeks later...

I bought such a CMX fuel screw. It was cheaper from Staggs, SGR-USA.

CMX-1.jpg

The thread was right M6x0.5, the tip a bit different.

But the head didn't fit beside the float bowl so I turned it down a bit on a lathe.

CMX-2.jpg

CMX-3.jpg

After some more processing for grip and turn marks and mounting.

CMX-4.jpg

Screwing it in to the bottom produced the highest idle rpm so the tip was too different.

Edited by DennisGr

• 5 years later...

Old thread here but I just took possession of a TYS 125F and in messing with the carb I found I could easily adjust the fuel screw with the can opener of my Swiss Army knife. It's a Wenger model and the the can opener resembles a sharp hooked claw. I reach up and stick the sharp end in the slot on the screw and it turns about a half turn each time. I suspect a sharpened dental pick would work too but I would want to ride around with one of those in my pocket.

And I have the screw about 3 turns out.

• 2 years later...

Meanwhile, two years later...

The screwdriver can opener was getting old so I googled "TTR 125 fuel screw" and found this link.

Bought one (14 USD shipping! 48 usd internationall!!) and it seems to be working pretty well. I can reach it and turn it with my fingers. 

Edited by guido
  • Like 1