malcra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Bike:Beta TR240, SWM
  • Club:Wye Valley AC

Posted 26 May 2008 - 04:54 PM

greetings, as its been great holiday weather in Hereford today, just putting together a Montesa Cota 123 from 1972 (article here).

I've not got a workshop manual, so couple of questions as I seem to be chased by electrical issues this weekend. No spark yet, but hopefully by the end of the day.

- contact gap ?
- flywheel extraction, specific tool, or is it how it looks ?
- best manual (there is a Clymer classic dirt bike one that includes Montesa's up to 1976) ?
- any idea why I am getting voltage reading to the coil (around 0.6-0.8 volt peaks) and to the plug gap (2.5v peaks) but no spark.
- no earth problems (as though its powder coated, have gone back to metal.

Back to the shed later....

Ads By Google User is online

Ads By Google
  • Ad Bots

Don't want these Ads? Why not help support TC and sign up as a Trials Central Supporter?

#2 tryalsryder

tryalsryder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Bike:2009 Sherco 250
  • Club:CTTA, MAVT, D6, D7

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:55 AM

look on ebay, manuals come up for sale now and again. I have one, but I sent it off with my 72 to get worked on. I could make you a copy, but I dont know when I will get it back. I keep the 172 manual with the 76. SW Montesa might be able to run you off a copy. Clymer guides are great for troubleshooting and repairs.

#3 malcra

malcra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Bike:Beta TR240, SWM
  • Club:Wye Valley AC

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:13 AM

look on ebay, manuals come up for sale now and again. I have one, but I sent it off with my 72 to get worked on. I could make you a copy, but I dont know when I will get it back. I keep the 172 manual with the 76. SW Montesa might be able to run you off a copy. Clymer guides are great for troubleshooting and repairs.

i have a copy of the early Clymer manual now, which is pretty good...its fires but does run for more that 10s, so some new parts here today and engine strip coming up i think

#4 tryalsryder

tryalsryder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Bike:2009 Sherco 250
  • Club:CTTA, MAVT, D6, D7

Posted 07 June 2008 - 02:19 AM

Sounds like a carb problem, but it could be a lot of things with the vintage bikes. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users