Montesa Cota 123 Assembly

malcra

greetings, as its been great holiday weather in Hereford today, just putting together a Montesa Cota 123 from 1972 (article here).

I've not got a workshop manual, so couple of questions as I seem to be chased by electrical issues this weekend. No spark yet, but hopefully by the end of the day.

- contact gap ?

- flywheel extraction, specific tool, or is it how it looks ?

- best manual (there is a Clymer classic dirt bike one that includes Montesa's up to 1976) ?

- any idea why I am getting voltage reading to the coil (around 0.6-0.8 volt peaks) and to the plug gap (2.5v peaks) but no spark.

- no earth problems (as though its powder coated, have gone back to metal.

Back to the shed later....

• 2 weeks later...

look on ebay, manuals come up for sale now and again. I have one, but I sent it off with my 72 to get worked on. I could make you a copy, but I dont know when I will get it back. I keep the 172 manual with the 76. SW Montesa might be able to run you off a copy. Clymer guides are great for troubleshooting and repairs.

look on ebay, manuals come up for sale now and again. I have one, but I sent it off with my 72 to get worked on. I could make you a copy, but I dont know when I will get it back. I keep the 172 manual with the 76. SW Montesa might be able to run you off a copy. Clymer guides are great for troubleshooting and repairs.

i have a copy of the early Clymer manual now, which is pretty good...its fires but does run for more that 10s, so some new parts here today and engine strip coming up i think