Beta Rev 3 250/270?

diligaf

Does anyone know how to tell a 250 from a 270. I bought a 2005 Rev3 and would like to know whether it is a 250 or 270.

I can't find anything on the barrel or elsewhere on the bike. Maybe via the frame number?

Any help would be appreciated.

The 270 will want to rip your arms off if your not ready when you crack the throttle in any of the first 3 gears from slow speed. The 250 will probably be a lot more tame, still torquey but tamer.

The 270 will want to rip your arms off if your not ready when you crack the throttle in any of the first 3 gears from slow speed. The 250 will probably be a lot more tame, still torquey but tamer.

What he said. Seriously. The 270 is A LOT more lively* than the 250 so if you can blag a go on someone else's bike and compare it'll be a pretty good indicator.

* By "lively" I mean "scary" (for me, anyway). The 270 is great fun but a liability in sections unless you have lots of ability/talent or large gonads. I have neither. I ride a 250 :(