What Is The Future - 4 Stroke Or 2 Stroke?

whackywoody

2 Stroke or 4 Stroke  

99 members have voted

1. 1. What will trials bike manufacturers be producing in the future?

• 4 strokes only
    • 2 strokes only
    • 4 strokes and 2 strokes

Check this. It's too light for official trials:

http://www.trial-club.com/webzine-trial/actualites/2011/mont-e-sa/

It is used by Hans Zenklusen in swiss adult trials competition.

Here is another example, not a major player in trials, but I'm sure you all know KTM:

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/6761/ktm-freeride-for-2012

Serious electric trials bike will be there much sooner than we expect...and it will change everything.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

To me the real question is not about being "green" or maintenance costs but rather do I like engine breaking or not when riding a section on a 4T vs a 2T!

The answer is YES..... That is why I am going back to riding a 2012 Beta Evo 300c 4T.

At my age and skill level the engine breaking is a must! :thumbup:

BillyT

• Like 2

Billy - Good to see you're still about - by the way - it's 4 Stroke Braking - not "Breaking" - the latter would mean busting it up !!! Lol. ( I know I'm being picky - Happy New Year)

Dave

I stand corrected. My point is still valid though! I have been riding or should I say it has been riding me a Beta Factory 300c 2T and it tends to get away from me........ :wall:

I like the slowness and silkiness of the 4T and if I over shoot something which I tend to do a release of the throttle tends to sort me out on a 4T.

So, Dave, a quite hogmany in Kelowna?

Awe the best for new years to you and yours.

• Like 1

Dave

I stand corrected. My point is still valid though! I have been riding or should I say it has been riding me a Beta Factory 300c 2T and it tends to get away from me........ :wall:

I like the slowness and silkiness of the 4T and if I over shoot something which I tend to do a release of the throttle tends to sort me out on a 4T.

So, Dave, a quite hogmany in Kelowna?

Awe the best for new years to you and yours.

• 1 month later...

Wouldnae last 5 minutes in Scotland......that bling would be turned into jewellery and on sale doon the Barras before you could say Och Aye The Noo!

:)

How do Billy?

Ian.

Zeez Ian. Lont time nay banter. A ken, it wud be melted doun and hinging roond the neck o a ned it yon paddys market.

Nice bit o kit non the less. Wit ye dean these days, still fawing afe yer wee bike OL

Far's ma mince?

Awe the best.

• Like 1

Happy New Year to you too Billy!!!! I hope 2012 is a great one for you!!!

Hey Steve

How are things with you and Matt. I got my new 2012 Beta 300cc 4T. Check out the pictures on TC in this Four Stroke Forum.

I have a few questions about the bike for you. Your old e-mail is not working. PM your tel #

Cheers

Hey Steve

How are things with you and Matt. I got my new 2012 Beta 300cc 4T. Check out the pictures on TC in this Four Stroke Forum.

I have a few questions about the bike for you. Your old e-mail is not working. PM your tel #

Cheers

Billy:

things are good here. Matt gets his new bike next weekend. email is the same, teamfracy@shaw.ca I tryed PM to you and it says you cannot receive anymore.

Steve

• 4 years later...