2008 Beta 250

johnkennedy

I have just purchased myself a 250 beta 2008. i have moved up from a 2007 sherco 125.

I will start off by saying that the new bike is fantastic, it is a great feeling to be able to ride a section on the bottom end, as opposed to the door bottom end of the 125. the ballance is amazing and the POWER is fast and pleantyfull, what an improvment on the 2007 beta and the sherco.

the air filter is not soaked after EVERY ride like my sherco(super poor designing)(all the mods were done and then some more), no mucky carbs aswell,and you can put petrol in the tank without worriying about rediculusly placed stickers that will crumble at the whiff of petrol.

only one problem, the footbrake lever (i feel) is too short. is it possible to get a slightly longer aftermarket one or a beta one? i keep hitting it by accident, i like to ride on the middle of my boot, at the arch of my foot and usualy catch it from underneath actualy (strangely). have searched for hours to but no avail, so ask for your help guys.

cheers john kennedy

Learn to ride on the ball of your foot. It will take a little while to get used to but will give you better balance and solve your problem.

:) I thought it was best to ride with your arches on the pegs???Don't tell me I've been doing that wrong as well!!

Learn to ride on the ball of your foot. It will take a little while to get used to but will give you better balance and solve your problem.

You can gain a LOT by riding on the balls of your feet. Although moving (foward) to the arch of your foot to apply the break is necessary, learn to transition back and fourth to the ball of your foot when not on the break. It will come naturally and after awhile and you won't have to think about it. Not riding on the balls of your feet (for me) would be like taking the spring out of a pogo stick. Going too far back on the ball of your foot is no good...you don't want to ride on your toes. You should be able to find the "sweet" spot in one practice. Correctly adjusting the pedal is also important. I have noticed the riders who adjust their pedals far down are those that don't ride on the balls of their feet. I have an 08 Beta and the pedal is still factory set...it is about the same heigth as the foot peg.

• 2 months later...

Arite john, on my old beta i made myself a longer break lever. I got an old door handle and cut the end off with the grinder, then put a few lines in the end, grabbed the drill, made a hole through the end and bolted it on to the mount, works fine!

Pm me if you want a full walkthrough. or i could find jake to take the peice to you so you know what your dealing with :iamwithstupid:

Arite john, on my old beta i made myself a longer break lever. I got an old door handle and cut the end off with the grinder, then put a few lines in the end, grabbed the drill, made a hole through the end and bolted it on to the mount, works fine!

Pm me if you want a full walkthrough. or i could find jake to take the peice to you so you know what your dealing with :iamwithstupid:

im sure that looks nice