What Am I Doing Wrong!

edgas250

Well i got an adapter from cambs trials, and although it is longer, it still doesnt seem like it is right. The carb has to removed from the engine, forced into the airbox which took a good 30minutes and a lot of swearing, then the carb has to be reconnected back onto the engine. This worked, and so far it has held, but I can't help but think that something isn't right. It's just all at the wrong angle - the angle the carb intake sits at is about 20degrees off what the air filter naturally sits at, so when connected everything is under constant force trying to part them.

Can u make a picture?

And maybe the rubber just died, normally it should be quite doable. Maybe order a new rubber for the airfilter box? Or try some heat first.

I have done it quite ofter, and however the original setup sucks it is doable, and with the spacer its even way more easy.

Edited by crazybond700

Sorry for the delayed reply - my login wouldn't let me post a reply for the last few days.

I applied heat using a hairdryer to get it to fit, without it I think I'd still be trying now.

I can't get a photo unfortunately - as it is all attached and working, I don't dare to take it off again! When I next take it apart I shall post photos.

Many thanks