Natc Round 6

trialsurfer

B) For all those who are anxiously awaiting results of Round 6, Geoff Aaron once again snatched the win, followed by Ryon Bell, and then Chris Florin, all within 6 points of each other. If I remember correctly, David Chavez finished 4th, Cody Webb 5th and the LeRiche brothers 6th and 7th. From what we heard, there was some pretty nasty weather that included a lot of heavy lightning and even hail, so it was a pretty wild second loop. :rolleyes:

Congratulations to all the trials riders who rode this event and best of luck in Round 7.

Edited by trialsurfer

Nothing says trials like a little rain, lightning and thunder.

Geoff Aaron is going to have to make room in his trophy case for another title. Chris Florin, Ryon Bell, leRiches bros, Bruce and Brent and Mr. Cody Webb really turned up the heat though. Wilson Craig wasn't around, I asked, was told his back is injured.

Depending on how the Canadian champ Sean Bird finishes the season, Ray Peters may have the Expert title. Lot's of old pros invaded this class mid-season. Fellow Illinois resident Jesse Wellenstein had a great ride on Sunday finishing second, and Phillip Smage who I minded for finished 6th Sunday, on a really sore, cut and swollen right hand by the way. This was caused by a spectacular crash on the second loop, third section on Saturday, just after Jesse did the same crash routine at the same place.

Expert/Sportsman now has the youngest champion Patrick Smage, the NATC/AMA needs to fix the current standings sheet, they have my little buddy listed twice, once as Pat and one as Patrick.

Special City Trials notes goes to Andy Bowman. Andy scored two wins this weekend in the High School class, with insane scores, under 5 dabs, both days. Time to move up Andy!