Tlr Aluminium Skid Plate?

mcman56

If you can find the correct grade alloy you can make extensions to the original bash plate and bolt these on with countersunk M8 bolts. The alloy can be shaped quite easily using heat. This seems to work OK for me on my TLR after i got fed up seeing mior damage on the side casings. I have no direct access to alloy welding and wanted the guards quickly for a rocky trial where damage was likely.

(I have no idea what grade alloy i used, suffice to say I did not pay for it but if its good enough for an aircraft it is good enough for me!)

If you do damage a casing I have now seen a TLR250 which has been fitted with an XL185 clutch casing, I always wondered whether it would fit but you need to use the XL clutch operating mechanisim as well.

Do you live within reasonable travelling distance of Cumbria?

Not really from Oxford.

But the in-laws have a couple of places up there (Windermere & Keswick), so its a good spot for a long weekend / cheapish holiday. Haven't riden up there, but will do soon.

Apologies that the thread has been hijacked :rolleyes: But if you are a twin shock rider then the Nostalgia event is highly recommended ;) You could always do the Grasmere Sports the next day to !

4 laps of an old rubbish dump is par for the course. There's a couple of decent events but if you really want to ride anything half decent then you need to travel, either South, West or North (Mr Dabster's prefered direction).

I took 16 years out and the locations and sections are pretty much the same - still lose plenty of marks :rolleyes: I'll be losing even more once my Cub is finished !