Day Light Mot

mrmoog

I did ask this before but i think it got lost at the back of another post

When I go for a 'day light' MOT on my 250T will they make allowances for cable brakes? I can't compete with disc type brake performance

• 4 weeks later...
I did ask this before but i think it got lost at the back of another post

When I go for a 'day light' MOT on my 250T will they make allowances for cable brakes? I can't compete with disc type brake performance

Youve probably got your MOT by now, but for what its worth, thighten the cables right up till there is vitually no play. I dont clean the

braking surface in the hubleaving it to go rusty, crude but improves the braking enough to pass !

Okay just got back from the MOT station today, and it failed on 'noise' only, now that's not bad for a 1973, people that know about Bultaco's know they have a 3 piece system, well.... i have the last section missing so i expected it to be loud, is there anything that i can do to quieten the old girl down without having to buy the final section, can i pack the second section with anything just to get it through the MOT?

Edited by mrmoog