Beta 4t Video

cman

Good to see Ray having a go on the 300!

The only other person I know with a 300 Beta could not ride much because of a broken finger, I offered to test it for him? :beer:

And YES, Heathy, they are required in some areas! I think the one he has is one of the better(less restrictive)ones! :wall:

Edited by copemech

Cope, sorry I just couldn't allow you to test ride the 300. I seen a stock 250 it put you on the ground (flat ground) within 20 feet of riding it. And I would feel real bad if you got hurt riding my bike ,all the way to the ice chest for a cold beer. I'll let you ride it next time if you bring a permission slip from your wife and a beer.

Ray is realy liking his 300 and i'm tickeled with mine.

Cope, sorry I just couldn't allow you to test ride the 300. I seen a stock 250 it put you on the ground (flat ground) within 20 feet of riding it. And I would feel real bad if you got hurt riding my bike ,all the way to the ice chest for a cold beer. I'll let you ride it next time if you bring a permission slip from your wife and a beer.

Ray is realy liking his 300 and i'm tickeled with mine.

For your information, I still have that spot on the shin where it hit the bars! I see it every morning in the shower and give RON a good cursing on a daily basis! All the while hearing him snicker in my mind! The TART!

But I have yet to get the wifey to open my beer, like you :thumbup:

No problem helping you Copie, i'm trained to help the handicaped and those who ride the short bus. See ya in september or october and you can have a go on the 300 with the pipe !

Ron!

Don't let Copie near that 300 till I have a chance to look at it, you know what he does to machinery.

All kidding aside, how's the 300 working out, I bet it's sweet. Did you need to do any jetting changes

to the CV carb? What type of slide spring seems to work best?

Jon

Jon, If you listen to Ray's bike in the video you can hear it breathing thru the air box, he has opened up the air box cover and rejetted.

My 300- The 300 kit comes with a smaller main jet, that's all I have done as far as jetting, works great. I have played with the cv carb springs and went with the next one softer from stock but stock works just fine. The aluminum pipe let's it breath and sounds good, not loud at all. You'll have to have a go at the next event Jon, I think you'll come away with a smile !

Letting Copie ride it does scare me !

Jon, If you listen to Ray's bike in the video you can hear it breathing thru the air box, he has opened up the air box cover and rejetted.

My 300- The 300 kit comes with a smaller main jet, that's all I have done as far as jetting, works great. I have played with the cv carb springs and went with the next one softer from stock but stock works just fine. The aluminum pipe let's it breath and sounds good, not loud at all. You'll have to have a go at the next event Jon, I think you'll come away with a smile !

Letting Copie ride it does scare me !

I heard it, nice. The four-strokes are extremely picky when it comes to airbox design and I expect to see a few factory re-designs after the 4T's have been in use for a while. The critical area is around the carb/FI bell, not so much in front of it, as intuition would dictate. They depend a lot on a larger "still air" area than the two-strokes do (kinda like a 4T "big gulp" vs. 2T "constant sipping"), so things like a large radius in the junction of airbox/carb boot is one way to help them out a lot from what we saw on the dyno. The large radius not only shaped the air better into the boot but also increased the "immediate-availability air" inside the filter.

I would imagine that the increased displacement would make the CV slide-spring choice less critical, so I wasn't surprized to hear that.

I'm glad the pipe still retains a low sound profile, the Beta 4t stock is an extremely quiet four-stroke. Now, if we can just get Honda to retain the services of the Bose Audio Engineers to take some of that bark out of their bite....:thumbup:

Can't wait to try it out!

Jon

ps. Almost forgot to add that when I did the TC article on your bike, I think I mentioned the observation that it looked like the case/cylinder design appeared to be with the idea of a later displacement increase, so that I would imagine that the added cc's do not compromise the structural integrity or reliability.

Edited by JSE