Xispa Photos & Video

dortwilder

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Copemech made a direct accusation accusing me for something I never done as though it was fact. I think you would find in a court of law that this action is libellous. I have warned him and he has changed his comment accordingly. That's the end of the matter as far as I am concerned. :hyper:

In general, this is a very easy site to admin as there is hardly any need ever to moderate anyone's post however, if someone wants to make a false accusation as such then it will get treated the same way as above.

Got to feel sorry for Xispa, about to launch a new bike in the worst economic climate for decades, I think they had been looking for investors a while ago must be bloody tough now. Hope they get the bike out in the shops and good luck to them :hyper:

Atom, you been looking at your Woolworths shares portfolio tonight?

Edited by The Addict

The exchange rate is not helping them much either.

I spoke to someone yesterday who was importing and selling luggage bags from China and he said China was not the cheapest place to purchase from anymore but there quality had improved markedly in the 15 years he has been doing it.Over the last year every container they got in the price went up(they get a container or two every two months)

The exchange rate is not helping them much either.

I spoke to someone yesterday who was importing and selling luggage bags from China and he said China was not the cheapest place to purchase from anymore but there quality had improved markedly in the 15 years he has been doing it.Over the last year every container they got in the price went up(they get a container or two every two months)

Euro is at 1.03720 to the pound at present :hyper: Uk importers must be feeling it real bad at present. :huh:

btw, I have bought container loads of material from China. The quality was crap and it wasn't that much cheaper and you have to pay upfront. Consequently, I haven't bought any since. Saying that, engineered components have improved dramatically depending where you buy from.

My response to all concerning the strange drive 'em out before they start attitude to Xispa is a simple :hyper:

What has gone on is not fair and certainly not in the previous spirit of TC , and no i have not got any connection whatso ever with the bike or importer i just feel sad that people have been ' got to ' over this and.....aww whats the point?

My response to all concerning the strange drive 'em out before they start attitude to Xispa is a simple :hyper:

What has gone on is not fair and certainly not in the previous spirit of TC , and no i have not got any connection whatso ever with the bike or importer i just feel sad that people have been ' got to ' over this and.....aww whats the point?

I don't understand why people are against them before giving them a chance either.

Ok Ok Ok, I shall tell a bit of thought!

Firstly, it is obvious that the bike is not entirely chineese! The roumour was 30% and many of the hard parts were coming from the same suppliers as others.

I do find it a bit of a miff about the e-mail thing, yet on the flip side of the same coin, I do support this site with my annual pittance, and encourage others to do the same. It does cost money you know, of which none here retain anything.

It was roumoured early on that I myself might become the US importer for Xispa, this was joking, purely! I think the UK importer will have enough of a challenge on his hands getting going and a little slack might be due and negotiated! We are not talking about the factory here, but he too would be well advised to support things if possible.

And secondly,(did I miss something) I would never want to let anyone think I was being accusational or accusatory, just because I gave someone the only ruffing they took all week! :huh: Just because I had a drink! :hyper:

Cheers,

MC

B40RT Posted Today, 05:53 AM

I believe the reason Xispa is having a hard time on this site is because it appears to be a copy, this is unfair on the original company who put their time , effort and money into development.

Well, that opens the door once again to all the comments about Sherco being a GasGas copy when it first came out.

I think that Xispa is having a hard time on this site because there are so many riders that are "die hards" for their brand and don't like anything new.

The other problem is in the advertising and accessibility of a new Xispa. There was an announcement that this new brand is coming out in 2008....oh wait must be 2009 now.......Do we have any bikes to show.......Yep got 1. Should we enter this machine in a high profile event with a high profile rider. Yes they should but did they?

Also in this tough economic time they are probably having trouble getting investors, loans, etc.....

And lastly the prevailing attitude with riders is "Let somebody else buy the first piece of crap and when it gets sorted out maybe I will consider it if it is $4,000 cheaper."

Just some thoughts that bounce around in my head.

Check my previous posts if you wish but I'm certainly not anti Xispa, I'd like them to succeed.

BUT

I dont see how posting an email address for your own company isnt an advert ? email, phone, postal address whats the difference?

it would be fine if someone else posted it but not the importer themselves.

IF Shirty, John Lampkin and others could all post their contact details in the forums they wouldnt pay to fund the site through advertising.

why should xispa be different ?