Beta Main Bearings And Seals

klewsh

hi

having tried to ride my bike undr water last weekend i have just got new mains and seals. there for an 07 but my gues it that they are the same.

the bearing number is = 6206

not to sure on the seal but this is what mine have stamped on them = d014 9 tc 25 40 7 ttc

hope that helps

max

The bearing number is a std part number,you will get them from any bearing dealer ie Wyko,BSL etc,don't be tempted by internet companys,as they tend to supply c!@p,always go for SKF,FAG,NTN,as for the seals 25x40x7 again a std part from same source,should be about

hi

having tried to ride my bike undr water last weekend i have just got new mains and seals. there for an 07 but my gues it that they are the same.

not to sure on the seal but this is what mine have stamped on them = d014 9 tc 25 40 7 ttc

hope that helps

max

IF your bikes been under water there are other bearings that will need changing like big end bearing and gearbox bearings? Why do half a job it makes my laugh that when crank bearings are shot people only think these are the only bearings that are shagged! they all wear at the same rate or in your case all have been under water! i know it cost alot more but why take the risk?

Hi Matt,

When you order bearings for crankshaft applications, they are usually supplied with extra clearence rollers, designated by a suffix, C3 or C4, so the bearing ordered should be 6206 C3, or 6206 C4. (Either would be fine)

Crankshaft seals are usually supplied as high temp viton, and may even be teflon. I have not worked on Beta's before so am unable to give you a definate on this. Best place to get the seals would be from the Beta dealer or importer so you know you have the right type.

Bye, PeterB.

hi

hope that helps

max

I turned my bike into a submarine too a couple of weeks ago. once the water was drained out it went fine B)

Hi Matt,

When you order bearings for crankshaft applications, they are usually supplied with extra clearence rollers, designated by a suffix, C3 or C4, so the bearing ordered should be 6206 C3, or 6206 C4. (Either would be fine)

Crankshaft seals are usually supplied as high temp viton, and may even be teflon. I have not worked on Beta's before so am unable to give you a definate on this. Best place to get the seals would be from the Beta dealer or importer so you know you have the right type.

Bye, PeterB.

Hi,the seals are only std nitrile,viton are generally used for agressive chemicals or very high temps and you would be hard pushed to find C4 clearence bearings fitted in a bike motor,i used to supply some to a firm that built glass making kit.......very high temp!!!!!!!!!! B)

Hi postmanpat,

Sorry, but I have to disagree, having worked on 2T bike engines for more than 30 years, all of the crank bearings have been C3 that I remember, the last GG PRO I worked on was fitted with C4. Also, hi temp viton is the seal usually used in 2T motors for crankshaft seals, nitirle in most other motor areas. If nitrile are fitted as std to the Beta then it is a first for me and I stand corrected.

Ta ta, PeterB.

Hi postmanpat,

Sorry, but I have to disagree, having worked on 2T bike engines for more than 30 years, all of the crank bearings have been C3 that I remember, the last GG PRO I worked on was fitted with C4. Also, hi temp viton is the seal usually used in 2T motors for crankshaft seals, nitirle in most other motor areas. If nitrile are fitted as std to the Beta then it is a first for me and I stand corrected.

Ta ta, PeterB.

Fair do's mate,just the ones i saw when selling bearings were std or C3,viton is def overkill for the seals though B)

Seriously for the time it takes to crack open a case and change bearings and seals overkill sounds like a good thing. Also trying to save a few bucks (quid? bob?) seems kind of silly when you're going to be spending hours doing the job. I'd rather spend twice as much on NASA qualified seals and bearings to not have to do it twice. For the manufacturer who may save $20 per bike not using super high tech seals adds up to a hefty sum at the end of the year. To an individual it's chump change.