Guisborough Motor Club

bikespace

While I was up dropping the kids off at my parents, they threw a few old photos my way, and this was amongst them.

I don't remember some of the names. Would be interesting to see if any of them are still riding today. I'd imagine some of their kids are.

post-218-1217113462.jpg

Guisborough Youth Presentation

Not sure what year it is, maybe around 81 or 82?

Back row: Alan Williams, David Clarke, ???????????, George someone????, ??????????, ?????????????

Middle: ??????????, Nigel Ward, Mike Lannigan

Front Row: Mark Johnson???, ????????, Gaz Hinton, ??????????, ?????? Brown (his dad Aubrey Brown, from Scarborough), Gary Ianson???

Edited by bikespace

I reckon the year may have been 1980. Found one of me out on my brand spanking new Fantic 75 at Birk Brow, Guisborough, labelled 1980.

Look at the boiler suit - wow :-)

post-218-1217114139.jpg

See! I told you! Once upon a time I was little!

Edited by bikespace

It is George McGee, he used to ride an Ossa when I was in the club, about 3-5 years earlier than the photo's. I was just a lad then! I don't know the other riders, after my time - I'd left for more sunny pastures by then.

Bye, PeterB.

Could the lad on your right side be a young Dick Brown?

And on your left, if you dont get a better guess could it be my mate Roger Pinder? Certainly got a very similar smile and eyes!

They would both be right age wise.

Edited by Twistandnogo

Could the lad on your right side be a young Dick Brown?

And on your left, if you dont get a better guess could it be my mate Roger Pinder? Certainly got a very similar smile and eyes!

They would both be right age wise.

I don't wanna knock you back when you're helping :D but I don't think either are right. I dunno why, but I've got the name Ralph stuck in my head for the blond lad on my right. He used to ride an SWM I think. And I think the dark haired lad on my left was the son of the guy at back right, but I don't remember his name either so I'm not helping much B)

One breakthrough - the little lad 2nd from right, we think was Michael Brown. Not the same one, as he's be nearly 40 now, but from the same area of the country.

Edited by bikespace

Hmmmm, the more I look the more I convince myself!

Unless you get a more definitive answer. there's only one thing for it - will have to print a copy out if thats okay with you and take it down the flower shop Rogers mam runs and test his dads (Ray) memory, he tends to be pretty good at this sort of thing.

Will also take it along with me next time I ride and see if George McGee can remember as well!

The guy at back right is very familiar but cant remember his name for the life of me.

Yeah, will say hi to Ray, very sure he will remember you.

Have seen George a few times recently, he has been at trials observing and looking after Lee's kids (mind you, Lee wasn't riding), and he has been up Charltons a few times when I have been practising recently.

Will let you know once I have more info on those faces.

By the way wri5hty, whwereabouts in Stockton are you? I am in Norton and have a 300pro so could be handy if ever need to swap parts to locate faults etc.

Cheers.

It looks like Trevor Buckworth fourth from the left on the back row.....???

I had a feeling that even if I heard the name I wouldn't know that one - and probably the one on George's left.

Was he related to Martin Buckworth, big lad who used to ride a JCM?

Edit: You mean 3rd from left hopefully :banana2: 4th is George McGee.

Edited by bikespace

I thought Trevor Buckworth was the father of Joe, and was a tall blond haired bloke, used to drink with Allan Smith and Fothers in Guisborough, I don't know Martin Buckworth, time for a visit maybe.

Ta ta, PeterB.