125 Gear Selection

I am currently riding a 125 beta 08 and I am not sure if I am using the appropriate gear to do certain moves.

To be more specific, I am learning how to double-blip. I am doing it in 2nd gear right now, but I need to rev the engine quite a bit to get the rear tire to make it on to the object (basically for the rear to take off and land where the front was). 3rd gear seems a little tall, especially when you get onto the obstacle. I am using a lot of body movement but I don't get the kick for the bike to come after me. The 125 is geared lower than the bigger displacement bikes...

any suggestions? I just wanna make sure I've picked the right gear to practice with so I don't learn something the wrong way and have to go back and re-learn haha.

Any other gear selection advice for 125, like upping bigger steps are also very welcome. I basically just want a very basic roughly-when-to-use what-gear guide. 125 gears seems much narrower so gear selection seems more crucial than the bigger bikes. I mean once you are in the wrong gear, you'll run out of revs fast or burn the clutch to hell haha.

Thanks

Going tire to tire is more ov a jap zap type maneuver anyway. But in answer to your question, many of the 125 youth riders run a 46-48 tooth rear which makes second more user friendly for big stuff. Third is seldome used in the sections unless there is something with a huge run requireing great speed.

This is a very general reply, and I am sure someone may be able to be more Beta specific. :thumbup: