#1 kimpybugalugs

kimpybugalugs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Bike:TY175

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:49 AM

Hi All.

I have just bought one of these. Is there a difference between a TLM 200R and a TLM 200 (do they both exist?)?.

The guy I bought it off ran it pre mix at 40:1. What is factory ratio? I run my other bikes at 50:1 - would the TLM be OK at this ratio? It would save me having two batches around.

Are there any good websites for info on this bike? I'd like to find out about any potential problems/issues and any easy, cheap worthwhile mods.

I'm used to a TY175 and this thing has enormous instant grunt compared to the Yam. Should be interesting.

Should I have posted in the Honda section (it did seem to be all about TLR version in there)?

Thanks in advance for any help/info.

Ads By Google User is online

Ads By Google
  • Ad Bots

Don't want these Ads? Why not help support TC and sign up as a Trials Central Supporter?

#2 gingertom

gingertom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Bike:TLM 200
  • Club:NONE AS YET

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

My link

See link above for parts ,i have a TLM 200 don't know if there is a difference between 200 and 200R, john in parts (at nightingales) has been very helpful for me whilst doing my full engine re-build.

I used to have two TY 175's and always thought they were powerful enough, can't wait now to get my engine built and back in as you say the TLM is very grunty....

If you don't mind how much did you pay for your TLM, i have absolutley no idea how much mine is worth, i paid 200 for mine ten years ago, only just getting time to get it up to scratch to use it..

#3 twinshocknut

twinshocknut

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Bike:tlm 200 tlr 200
  • Club:west of england, torridge,launceston

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:46 PM

hi gingertom
price wise they dont seem to be making much more than 500 depending on condition :( compaired with the tlr's its peanuts (it's just cost me 2,600 to built a tlr), i got 2 x 200's and a 220 and didnt pay any more than 400 for any of them, it's a shame cos they are lovely bikes to ride appart from the honda front end problem of pushing on in tight turns, if your handy with a welder or know someone, drop the footrests down & back 1 inch (picture was before i did this)
Posted Image

#4 gingertom

gingertom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:20 AM

HI,

Was wondering if you have ever re-fitted the kick start shaft assembly in your TLM 200, i have had to because i've done the main bearings so the case has been split, so after its all been re-built i had put the clutch back in and then was putting the kick start idle gear in and was putting the clutch cover back on when i realised that the cover would not go down all the way because the idle gear on the kick start was sitting up to much. The kick start shaft is in as far as it will go and i can't push the kick start gear down anymore.....are you suposed to some how wind up the kick start shaft helix gear thingy when you put it back in the crank case thus ensuring the gear on the kick start shaft is fully wound down....any help greatly appreciated ...cheers jimm

#5 gingertom

gingertom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

hi gingertom
price wise they dont seem to be making much more than 500 depending on condition :( compaired with the tlr's its peanuts (it's just cost me 2,600 to built a tlr), i got 2 x 200's and a 220 and didnt pay any more than 400 for any of them, it's a shame cos they are lovely bikes to ride appart from the honda front end problem of pushing on in tight turns, if your handy with a welder or know someone, drop the footrests down & back 1 inch (picture was before i did this)
Posted Image

HI,

Was wondering if you have ever re-fitted the kick start shaft assembly in your TLM 200, i have had to because i've done the main bearings so the case has been split, so after its all been re-built i had put the clutch back in and then was putting the kick start idle gear in and was putting the clutch cover back on when i realised that the cover would not go down all the way because the idle gear on the kick start was sitting up to much. The kick start shaft is in as far as it will go and i can't push the kick start gear down anymore.....are you suposed to some how wind up the kick start shaft helix gear thingy when you put it back in the crank case thus ensuring the gear on the kick start shaft is fully wound down....any help greatly appreciated ...cheers jimm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users