Fan Staying On (beta 08 270)

trialsash965

HI all,

Bought a 08 270 4 weeks ago, after initial warm up cooling fan stays on all trial,

I have fitted a new thermostat/switch, checked waterpump gear/impellar (fine)

and refilled with procool (neat) but no change.

Bike seems to be running fine though not pinking or loss of power,

but with all my previous Beta revs the fan has cut in and out.

Has any one got any ideas why.

Many Thanks

Ashley

Power goes to one side of the temp sender all the time, when the sender gets warm the bi metal strip makes contact and closes the circuit providing power to the fan motor.

To check the temp sender, with a meter check for resistance at both connectors on top of the sender, it should show open, infinate resistance, if not you have two bad senders, if open, then I would look for wrong wiring to the fan motor.

Hi,check your radiator fins are not blocked with mud etc,had this problem with a mates beta,turned out that the voltage to the fan was only 8 volts instead of 13.8 and the fan speed was slower ,hence the fan could not cool the temp down,we rigged a car battery up to the thermostat and the nutral to the fan negative, started the bike and the fan then worked perfect this cleared the fan of any fault,moral of the story was the stator was only giving out 8 volts.