Beer And Riding.

tt5th

When me and my mates go out to practice on private land with full permission, we go out for maybe 5 or 6 hours at time and like to take a couple of tins of beer each.

The general theme is to dump them in a stream and return there for our breaks.

Just wondering if it's just us that do this? Or are we breaking an unwritten rule of trials?

All opinions welcomed! :thumbup:

When I saw the title, I thought - This seems like my kind of event, but you seem to have let me down :)

Get it organised though and I'll be there :o

Not sure if the insurance will be too easy to get if you're over honest when applying for the permit. :moon:

Definitely no unwritten rules, a couple of tins never heart anyone - apart from a bloke who got his 4 pack caught under his feet, blocked his brake and ploughed in to the back of an articulated lorry. :thumbup:

When me and my mates go out to practice on private land with full permission, we go out for maybe 5 or 6 hours at time and like to take a couple of tins of beer each.

The general theme is to dump them in a stream and return there for our breaks.

Just wondering if it's just us that do this? Or are we breaking an unwritten rule of trials?

All opinions welcomed! :thumbup:

I'm glad you're being responsible & practicing on land that you have permission to use. It would seem that somebody is being very naughty in our area as they've been out practicing on land they shouldn't even think about going on. The use of the highly sensitive land they practice many cost us the Scott & the Three Day but what does that matter? Telling the Keeper the catches them a load of rubbish doen't help much either.

As long as you take the empty cans home I don't see a problem.

Perce, have you told the keeper you have nothing to do with those wallies (I could use stronger terms but the auto-nanny will block them)?

The keeper isn't a problem, nor is the estate he works for, the problem is the National Parks & English Heritage, there's some places you just don't dream of going & this is one of them.

the alternative and more enviromentally friendly approach to this is to drink a shed full the night (and or early morning) before and still have enough alcohol in the system to avoid the inconvienience of carrying and disposing of tins/bottles.

This approach seems very popular in multi day events like SSDT, Manx East yorks 2 day etc.

If you find that you have 2 much left over from the night before this can easiliy be ejected in the corner of parc ferme before staring the days ride or at the first section.

• 4 weeks later...