Ty250

stuessenhigh

Guest Yamaha_dude

Mine is a 1984 - 1987 not sure which.

It has not dipstick on the gear box not sure if all have this problem. i use a piece of straw. i just regulary top it up. as for fork oil i wouldnt know. and as for petrol to oil mix. try to find one of those ipone bottles of oil where it mixes it for you... if you squeeze it and there is a guide for how much to use. tell your friend to make sure his kickstart is properly on, as i lost mine in a field nearly a year ago, spent about 3 days constantly searching through field and i still havnt found it, i bought a new one obviously lol.

I cant see your pic that you have attached so i will atach one of mine.

Hope this helps you.

:rolleyes: Rich ;)

post-12-1095503073.jpg

Guest Yamaha_dude

Yeh 1984 - 1987s had red frames, ones before white.

If your calling one just before mine a dinosaur, you might as well call mine a dinosaur!!!

Lol nah only jokin, good luck with the bike.

Guest Yamaha_dude

I know exactly how you feel magic.

But remember when we upgrade to beter bikes we reep the benifits more than others.

I know i have.

Can anyone help me on the age of my TY the frame number is 59N-001507 the weight is 220kg, more than the modern superbikes!!! ;):angry:

Guest Yamaha_dude

On the frame plate it says 220kg, although the measurments are in japanese i think. Are there jap kgs and english kgs?

But it definatly says 220kg, i was suprised when i say it but thats what it says...

On the frame plate it says 220kg, although the measurments are in japanese i think. Are there jap kgs and english kgs?

But it definatly says 220kg, i was suprised when i say it but thats what it says...

The 220kg on the Japanese frame plate is probably the maximum legal all-up weight of the bike including rider/s. The usual abbreviation is GVM (gross vehicle mass).

Ahhhh, i thought and so did my dad!

I wonder hw uch it does weigh then?

Any ideas?

If you have a set of bathroom scales you can weigh it one wheel at a time and add the two weights together to get the total weight.

My guess would be that the steel tank air-cooled monoshock TY250 in competition trim ready to ride would weigh between 88kg and 92kg. With indicators and lights, speedo and mirrors it would be a few kg more.