One Big Meet Week

ishy

And I for one think the trialscross idea is NUTS !!! I've been to one and although unbelievable to watch , what does it truly have to do with trials riding ? Are you out to make our sport a Xgame at the top level ?

Just my humble opinion ...

Glenn

And I for one think the trialscross idea is NUTS !!! I've been to one and although unbelievable to watch , what does it truly have to do with trials riding ? Are you out to make our sport a Xgame at the top level ?

Glenn

I agree trials cross / Enduro cross has nothing to do with traditional trials, BUT if an event can be combined with a more popular and spectator friendly sport would it draw more attention/ competitors/ spectators/ MONEY???

I think Enduro cross and indoor Nationals could easily be combined and possibly draw more attention to our sport, I also still think a indoor style trials event "should" be be in the X-Games, .........

Edited by MotoVintage

. I agree with Paul and the others that a full series is the best for sure,as I think you do too.

I don't think you will find many that would argue with that.

Take the last PNTA rounds in Oregon, I put up my hand and said I would be trial marshal, because the year before it didn't happen, I spent a couple of month of weekends clearing sections, then most of the week before the event marking the forty section required for the two days, the weekend of the event I had to do sign up, riders meeting and collect score card's and add up the cards after each lap, do awards for the first day, then go make alterations of the course for the second day.

On the second day run round trying to find observers and repeat the first days task's, it cost me in fuel and other expenses, most of our club couldn't even show up to ride and support the event.

Having done a few nationals I found much of the above to be the case too, and the truth is! many trials marshals not only in the US but around the world know just what I'm on about.

I'm in a better position than most regards the amount of time I can spend on an event, but most have to put in a full week of work then add the rest to that.

The NATC meeting is coming up and we will soon find out how many are willing to take on the task for 09

at best I think trials at national level will be in survival mode.

We can't complain If there is only a couple of locations for 09, I think anything more than that will be a bonus.

Glenn

It may be nuts and trialcross has nothing to do with observed trials AGREED. BUT, it is proposed as an optional way to encourage the "observed trials Marshals" to put on an event. Endurocross draws riders including trials riders so it may have some merit in bringing the needed entries that Ishy is talking about.

I know far too well what Ishy is saying and the lack of support is getting worse. I'm at the point where I'm happy to take my family out for a weekend with some friends and simply ride the motorcycles without all the politcs.

I traveled with my son to CO and MN Nationals and I believe this is the best format for the future. Just 2 Weeks/ Weekends. Do we really need to travel to 4 or 5 different venues to decide an amateur series? Riding 3 days in a row can be a pain, (please don't suggest 4 or 5 days!) but it was still fun. The organising clubs did a great job. Day 3 was just as good as day 1. I felt sorry for some of the checkers on day 3 as you could tell they were ready for the weekend to be over.

Trialcross is not Trials. Its a great sport thats fun to watch but nothing I would like to see at our Nationals or Local Events.

I felt sorry for some of the checkers on day 3 as you could tell they were ready for the weekend to be over.

I worked the first world round (Hauling beer and soda around) the ttc national (Scoring an awesome section!) and the last world round hauling people back and forth to Lampkin Falls, Andy, Atom and Atoms wife on one occaision. On sunday I hiked up to the falls 5 times for the cause. I even returned a dazed and confuzed cope to his trusty steed.

I got to sit in on the FIM checklist check. There are an enormous amount of hoops to jump through to put on on of those.

It's a shame they didn't have a national again at the same time. I think it would have helped their attendance. I'm sure it would have been a lot of trouble, but.....

I think in the name of reducing the cost(?) to attend, the trials community is making it increasingly difficult to put on an event. One event becomes two, two becomes three. If the event is on a weekend something else is happening or does happen, suddenly you are no longer in the race. Local and national. Our local has throw aways and it is still hard for me to make enough events. every weekend is a double. To much time between events to stay sharp( unless you practice, yeah right).

If you are going to have a one week long event, you could call it the "Trials Olympics" yeah thats the ticket!

I think in the name of reducing the cost(?) to attend, the trials community is making it increasingly difficult to put on an event. One event becomes two.

More like two people volunteered to host a two day national last year, after being talked into making it three days each so the series was more than just four rounds, we/they, focus on the good points of less travel and expense to cover up the actual fact no clubs wanted to host one.

What if only one person volunteered to do one, would the format change to a six day event, just to get more than two days in.

There is a good amount of cash to be made by clubs for hosting nationals, also some good deals on forclosed property, now might be the chance to get that practice area for the club.

More like two people volunteered to host a two day national last year, after being talked into making it three days each so the series was more than just four rounds, we/they, focus on the good points of less travel and expense to cover up the actual fact no clubs wanted to host one.

What if only one person volunteered to do one, would the format change to a six day event, just to get more than two days in.

There is a good amount of cash to be made by clubs for hosting nationals, also some good deals on forclosed property, now might be the chance to get that practice area for the club.

I will tell you in advance that there is a strong roumor that Texas will indeed hold another national in '09. We usually have a good turnout, centrally located.

At least, fuel prices are down, yet the developing economic situation may effect a few folks.

I have mixed feelings myself, and we may see things done a bit differently from past years.

And yes, the sponsoring clubs do need to profit, as it is all recycled into the sport! We shall see as things develop! Most just want something to ride! :unsure: