One Big Meet Week

ishy

The US national series this year tried a format of two three day events as the national championship series,

I rode the first three rounds, not well enough to challenge for the tital in my respective class so didn't spend the time or expense on riding the next three round's, I would think more than just I did this.

Would one week long championship at a location like TTC be better ? say three days of qualifiers and two days of finals, held in the summer vacation.

Would it be a better format ?

Ishy,

Is this what the sport has really come to?

Isn't the sole mission of the NATC to provide a 10 round competition series?

Isn't that what all the money given to them is supposed to pay for?

Has the NATC failed to do what it's sole purpose is and that is set a 10 round competition series????

Here's a thought:

Add Trial Cross to the national series to give 6 rounds. Have clubs in the same area host a one day national on Sunday since Trial cross is on Saturday. Each club in the area only has to host a ONE DAY trial for their club on that day and add PRO lines.

I really like that idea Ish, I figure that after about the first three days of getting their butts kicked, the support classes would not mind riding a split schedule at all, AM and PM, because the rest of the club cannot take a week off just to stand in the sections and score, they can score themselves, like we do in the centrals !

None of that 3 hrs on the first loop crap either, you need to be done with it in that time, quit screwing about and ride the bloody thing.

And you really do not need to go to TN, TX is much more centrally located, nothing spectacular, just sand, and rocks, suck when wet, and suck when dry, just sand and rocks! :guinness:

What kind of lame girly "Everyones a Winner!" crap is this? Quit doing such a big dog and pony show. Just let a couple of rounds in each region count towards a championship. Best 14 out of 20. Why do you need the NATC to be validated. Why don't you just call Nascar they'll get Joan Claybrook to design you a bike that everyone can ride to even it up!

How can you call two three day weekends a championship? The national spelling bee is tougher than that. Part of any championship is figuring out how you'll get from a to b. And how you will pay for it. I'm for 52 events and best 70% count. July in Sequatchie was wonderful this year, down in the 50's F in the mornings, Sweet!

Maybe we should do it like T-Ball, No Scores!!

trials season should last more than one week, 4 or 5 months imo, how abought a east coast series, and a west coast series, then a east vs west finally?? or break up the country into 4 regions then a finally, or turn the regionals into pro events? ?? anyway I think this year was a shame to not have a full schedule. I know it's become too expensive to travel for trials anyway, there just isn't enough money in this sport to support big teams like supercross and motocross, I know I won't even compete in a full series in Texas beceause of traveling expenses, it's too bad it's come to this, but what can I do??

I liked the 10 event thing we used to have. I could make enough of them to be competitive and get some experience riding in different areas. If i broke on day 1 of any event i would figure out what i am doing for the season. Even though times are tough i like going places and riding. I think that an east coast west coast idea would be great. Less travel if you choose to do so. Breakage of both the body and the spirit would not put you out of everything.

I cant see my fat a$$ getting up on day 4 to ride again to be honest with you.

--Biff

Ishy,

Is this what the sport has really come to?

Isn't the sole mission of the NATC to provide a 10 round competition series?

I think it would of been a ten round series this year, if five clubs had been willing to host them.

Not the NATC's fault if clubs won't volunteer.

If the NATC can't get clubs to volunteer, then perhaps they need to examine their requirments and see why that is. If the NATC makes it too difficult, nobody's gonna want to do it.

Maybe a change of format, Reduced time, inspect sections prior to start,lower classes early, pro's later. Support sat, pro sunday. Then if you broke body or bike, you would have time to recover. Make it more spectator friendly.

Bottom line, if clubs won't do it, they better find out why. And change it.

If the NATC can't get clubs to volunteer, then perhaps they need to examine their requirments and see why that is. If the NATC makes it too difficult, nobody's gonna want to do it.

Maybe a change of format, Reduced time, inspect sections prior to start,lower classes early, pro's later. Support sat, pro sunday. Then if you broke body or bike, you would have time to recover. Make it more spectator friendly.

Bottom line, if clubs won't do it, they better find out why. And change it.

The NATC for the most part is made up of representatives from clubs who host the events.

The format for the events seems to work fine.

Many of the proposals you suggest, have been tried, the reason they are not in use now is quite simple.

Probably the biggest reason for less events, many of the national organizers who would put up their hand and did the work in past, have got too old or burned out, the boomers are buggered and Gen X doesn't seem bothered,

Could you and your club host a national, would you and your club host one? it's easy to point the finger.

Ringo!! is this what you have come too, isn't your club the only happening club in the country? step up.

Ish, I get what you are saying, but Paul is apart of the STRA, and they do there fair share of events over the years so perhaps not the best example. I agree with Paul and the others that a full series is the best for sure,as I think you do too. Hopefully this years shortened series will have motivated a few more to step up and get involved again. I do not like the idea of One big week of Nationals purely as its not great to have all of the Nationals in one area, same terrain all week. Riding in foreign territory is what makes any championship special.

The mind reels at suggestions to alternatives, the pure costs to both riders and clubs are very high just to present and ride a National!

Back to basics is the theme, as there are still many clubs that do their premier event each year. The Octobertest is a prime example. Yes, everyone gets to ride, enjoy the event, do their thing! There are sections set for all and a few extra for the pros as exhibition for all to see!

Why cannot a series of these be set, they are done anyway? All the support classes in a national are ride nothing better than our local experts at best, as the lines need to be rideable for all ages.

The premier events are out there, Take your pick, Ok maybe only the pros are going to run 12 of 15, the rest maybe 9 or 10.

We could wear Ishy out on any of the Texas State Series Master lines alone I think, chances are he would back down a class or two!