2009 National Schedule - Tentative

clarkp

That's a good question. What expenses does the NATC have for an event? I don't have a dog in it but I would like to know. I'd like to see the sport grow a little. $36000 seems like a lot for ribbon and trophies for 3 days. I'm sure there's a good explanation, I just don't know what it is. I hope it's not like we're mushrooms.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...but not enough to justify the cost thats charged.

If you want to prove that you have the biggest cajones, the baddest skills, and the sharpest trials brain in the U.S., then pay your money, put on your race face and get down to business gunning for your national class standing. If you don

Clark is correct in many ways, and so is the NATC I am sure, these guys are not stupid, and I should be less pissy about it as well.

There are always issues, insurance, promotion, the Gala in Vegas! I think AMA gets its part. You see, this is one of the reasons we did the Sooner cup in the first place. I do like the offering of a REAL pot to the Pros! And there are proposals with integrating a national event with it! LOTS OF RIDERS! Friggin combine it with Central Regional points! Let us take 150 riders! Make a Real Trial, with Real Money, 40/ 60 to the NATC rather than the other way round, get some participation!

Ok, make it tough, like the Scott or the Scottish, establish a real pecking order! Move a lot through quickly, as our support class lines are set at expert at best. Do a real trial that attracts many and top of their class that want to ride! Shut uuup Cope!

If you want to prove that you have the biggest cajones, the baddest skills, and the sharpest trials brain in the U.S., then pay your money, put on your race face and get down to business gunning for your national class standing. If you don

Do you propose no one should question the NATC?

Do you think the NATC is as good as an organization can get?

Who on this forum doesn't know any better?

Kirk, would want input from everone before making a decision,

It's hard enough to get people to post on here, Thanks to people who feel the need to condem anyone expressing an opinion. Who made you the general of the SS? (Am I doing the same thing?)

It is a post, not the dead sea scrolls.

I agree with what he said. ^

Cost is a factor for some people. When it is people start to question value. If the question is answered with anger and emotion rather than content I tend to disregard it. Most people that i know do as well. That is just constructive criticism.

--Biff

biffsgasgas Posted Yesterday, 08:06 PM

Cost is a factor for some people.

Hey you talkin' bout me?? :D

Yep Cost is a factor especially for those cheap *******s out there like me.

Yes the NATC does do a lot of hard work to put on a national series.

Yes there is MUCH volunteering going on that goes on without very many saying thank you. (Always remember to Thank the Observers)

I attended 2 rounds in Ohio in 2007 Had a blast, great events, Although I did not see anything off the top off my head that would scream what a great deal at $100/ round. I think at the time entry fees were $75 I may be wrong (bad memory) So that may be a reason attendance dropped off in 2008. So with the comment of

clarkp Posted Oct 31 2008, 02:43 PM

If you want to prove that you have the biggest cajones, the baddest skills, and the sharpest trials brain in the U.S., then pay your money, put on your race face and get down to business gunning for your national class standing.

Does this means that any price is justified? So entry fee of $300/ round is OK without question.

It is human nature to question value for dollar spent. Especially for a sport that has absolutely no possibility of winning back your entry fee.

Now don't take this completely wrong I still think out of all the motor sports out there trials is the cheapest to participate in, but also the only one with no pay back, (monetarily anyways.)

Some of us are just curious where the money goes. It is possible we may never know. It may just be none of our business

But we all also want to know why was gas up to $4.25/ gallon and where did that money go?

Honey, would you grab me another beer?

I wouldn't mind seeing what the NATC expenses are, how much is paid to the AMA, insurance, etc.

It's darn right hard work to have to fly to a meeting location, get hotels, drink beer and discuss trials with other fellow trials riders who are enthusiastic about the sport

I'm actually surprised that the NATC meeting isn't held in Cabo San Lucas.

We have a monthly meeting werein we do the same thing for our local trials riders, discuss when and where the Southern California Trials events will be held and on what dates.

Do you propose no one should question the NATC?

The implication that some ribbon and some trophies make up the entry fee and the NATC is thereby charging too much was the focus of my post. Again, a disclosure by the NATC of where the entry fee goes may be appropriate at some point.

Do you think the NATC is as good as an organization can get?

As a group of volunteers, given their 30-year track record

Now, getting back to the entry fees, I will say that even with the entry fees we charged at the Sooner Cup, our club still went in the hole to the tune of about $3K.

Has the NATC ever 'gone in the hole'?

Is there an NATC rep that posts on this forum?

We can speculate, charge, accuse, praise or congratulate all day long but it would nice to know if there were someone actually responding with factual insight.

We have great hopes that this will lead to a new, fun style of national competition for all competitors that attend and I would encourage you, Paul, and anyone else to come to the Sooner Cup next spring to experience our vision for the national series.

So, you see, as a club we broke ranks to try to do something new and better

God, you're such a buzz kill, Ringo.

Dude, you're so right. What the hell was I thinking?

I should go back to the old "non politicaly correct" style of writing that brought so much flavor to this board. It seems that a few of the original cast of colorful characters...Sendero, Bagger, etc. don't post much anymore due to the fact that when we do the criquets start chirping.

Kinda like telling a blonde joke to a blonde!

Well we have a new president now so things are going to change [as if they weren't going to before]

Fraceman will start drinking Bud Light

Ishy will join the Sons of Anarchy

Sendero will start riding quads

Bagger will get a job

Eric will start posting again and come out to ride a CA event

Craig will start reporting the truth

The beave will start asking others for advise and stop giving it

Any other predictions???