Flywheel

betablounty

as it say does anyone know what the bike is like without the flywheel weight on? i havent got one yet but i am hoping to get an 09 shortly and wundered if taking the flywheel weight off made any difference??good or bad?? recomend doing it or not??

Cheers

Jono

Modern trials bikes are designed for modern riding styles and young expert riders. It seems the older you are, the more flywheel you prefer. (There must be a joke in there somewhere)

A friend of mine has an early 4 stroke Sherco. He has gone to great lengths to add extra flywheel which has transformed the thing. He is over 60 and a very able rider indeed. The flywheel smooths out the power delivery and prolongs the overrun. As I'm sure you know a bike grips bigtime during overrun, so making that last longer is good news. The bike is far less inclined to stall too. Riders in the south tend to favour this mod due to the abundance of mud.

If you are lucky enough to be young, you will probably like the bike as it comes out of the box.

I ride a Montesa 4RT which has an extra 200 grams of flywheel. It grips like hell and is smooth as silk which suits my more traditional riding technique.

Bignose

as it say does anyone know what the bike is like without the flywheel weight on? i havent got one yet but i am hoping to get an 09 shortly and wundered if taking the flywheel weight off made any difference??good or bad?? recomend doing it or not??

Cheers

Jono

post number 10 by Woody talks about it being done on an 05...

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/index....amp;hl=flywheel

cheers

post number 10 by Woody talks about it being done on an 05...

http://www.trialscentral.com/forums/index....amp;hl=flywheel

cheers

Yea, that's a Jon Bliss special where he actually added some weight it seems. Not sure why?

Everyone who rode the '09 we had in OK came back smileing! It is impressive, even Smage took a spin and almost immediatly adjusted to hopping logs about 2m apart on the rear wheel! Just nuts! Very powerful but will just chug along like a good 4T.

Yea, that's a Jon Bliss special where he actually added some weight it seems. Not sure why?

Everyone who rode the '09 we had in OK came back smileing! It is impressive, even Smage took a spin and almost immediatly adjusted to hopping logs about 2m apart on the rear wheel! Just nuts! Very powerful but will just chug along like a good 4T.

gotta agree, i enjoyed my ride immensely, i wouldn't touch anything, but i don't think it's a beginner bike :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I also own a John Bliss modified 3.2 , it is an 07 model and it grips very well , seems to run a little rich at the moment so i'm experimenting with carb settings at the moment .

The only complaint i have with the bike is the hot starting , which is temperamental to say the least .

If i can get the starting issue sorted i will be extremely happy with the bike , as i mentioned before it has excellent grip and can be ridden easily using clutch or without the clutch as preffered by some riders , The extra flywheel effect lets the bike plug away at tickover without stalling when the back wheel finds resistance over boulders ect.

I took the rocker box off to check the tappets yesterday and found zero clearance on the inlet , so im hoping this has been the starting issue..fingers crossed!

Cheers greg