1990 Wtc

Does any of you have any opinion if there is any bike like this one out there?

As I understand, RTL is one of the most wanted and therefore hard to find (outside Japan), but would def prefer a TLM like this one if I had the money asked for RTL

If you haven't bothered to look at these links yet, I recomend them very much! The first one is mostly a crash and burn style video. What I like to refer to as a "wreck tape".

I haven't seen so many semi spectacular trials wrecks in sequence anywhere like this before!

Also did anyone notice the tiny (I guess) Japanese rider on the 1987 Merlin DG-350? What a lot of motorcycle for a diminutive rider on sections of this difficulty! It reminds me of those old "Mister Bill" animations from saturday night live back in the late '70s. I could see getting into some doozy wrecks on such a machine. Clive can probably testify to this. :D

post-27-1225980633.jpg

If you haven't bothered to look at these links yet, I recomend them very much! The first one is mostly a crash and burn style video. What I like to refer to as a "wreck tape".

I haven't seen so many semi spectacular trials wrecks in sequence anywhere like this before!

Also did anyone notice the tiny (I guess) Japanese rider on the 1987 Merlin DG-350? What a lot of motorcycle for a diminutive rider on sections of this difficulty! It reminds me of those old "Mister Bill" animations from saturday night live back in the late '70s. I could see getting into some doozy wrecks on such a machine. Clive can probably testify to this. :D

I remember riding Clive's Merlin when he first got it. A very interesting bike. I understand it was not allowed in the SSDT as the wheel "spokes" were considered a safety hazard and they were afraid some rider would lose an arm....

Jon

I have a very nice 92 TLM 260 R, probably one of last ones made, all the others were water cooled by then, no class to ride it in this part of the world.

Got to wonder were the bikes would be now if they had all stayed with air cooling, probably just what we ride now with a air cooled head on them, no coolant, Fan, radiator, water pump, hoses and electrical, all that must weigh more than a simple finned head.

Would an air cooled clubman bike based on today's models but priced cheaper, sell ?.