Ghosts?

brian r

Do you believe in Ghosts  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in Ghosts

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Why debate it? Your too smart for religion. Gook luck my friend.

The very fact that this is being discussed shows that we are exploring the possible answers to the question.. Unlike yourself who sees religion as the only possible answer. Even without any facts to substantiate it. :D

I too like to 'debate' religion and time and time again, I just come to the conclusion that religion is the work of a subdued brainwashed mind.

This poll is interesting. 10 say NO and 5 say not sure ( people obviously with open minds looking for the definitive answer )

But 4 said Yes ;) I suppose if you believe the bible, then you are compelled to believe in ghosts.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nigel Dabster,perhaps ghosts are infact images that are somehow stored and then repeated at some point in time, its not that hard to believe when you think we do similar things on video, perhaps this is an advanced type of history storage that we do not understand.

or complete B*****kss

What i don't agree with is when people try and make TV about it and charge people silly amount's of money to go along to find a ghost,with technology these day's anything can be set up to make a ghost like image to appear in the corner of a big old house so people won't think they've been conned.

I wish i was on the side of the non believer but im not so im going to have to make myself look like a white coat job.

Edited by bilc0

Why debate it? Your too smart for religion. Gook luck my friend.

I don't even pretend to be too smart, but at least I'm willing to debate it, and I'm not too smug to lay my cards on the table.

The 'holier than thou' phrase seems pretty apt here eh!

The very fact that this is being discussed shows that we are exploring the possible answers to the question.. Unlike yourself who sees religion as the only possible answer. Even without any facts to substantiate it. :D

I too like to 'debate' religion and time and time again, I just come to the conclusion that religion is the work of a subdued brainwashed mind.

This poll is interesting. 10 say NO and 5 say not sure ( people obviously with open minds looking for the definitive answer )

But 4 said Yes ;) I suppose if you believe the bible, then you are compelled to believe in ghosts.

Atom, I thought you were a beliver? On the way up to Lampkin Falls I believe I heard you call on him(OH God!). And I know you had "faith" you would make it.

Could religion lead to an enlightened mind?

At one time conventional wisdom said the earth was flat. Now its round.

Every time you think you know everything, everything changes.

Tell me you never prayed for something to work out, just this one time.

Atom, I thought you were a beliver? On the way up to Lampkin Falls I believe I heard you call on him(OH God!). And I know you had "faith" you would make it.

Could religion lead to an enlightened mind? Probably not or why all these religion based wars

At one time conventional wisdom said the earth was flat. Now its round. Actually the earth has always been round, not based on wise thought at all.

Every time you think you know everything, everything changes. Whilst atom may be a twirp at times I don't think he has ever thought he "knew everything".

Tell me you never prayed for something to work out, just this one time. We all do at some time mainly because a) we were taught it at school and some things never leave you completely or :D its an insurance just on the minute off chance there is some higher being. But did we pray to allah or jesus or god, and which one?

Could religion lead to an enlightened mind?

At one time conventional wisdom said the earth was flat. Now its round.

Every time you think you know everything, everything changes.

Tell me you never prayed for something to work out, just this one time.

Lampkin falls was some trek! Julie & I were pretty knackered running up there. :D

I can honestly say that in my Atheist lifetime, I haven't prayed for something to work out. It sounds pretty desperate if you ask me. I prefer to take calculated actions to help things work out. If they don't then that's just tough and you get on with it. Life's pretty much like that don't you think?

If you have ever prayed for something to work out, what is your success rate?

And Dabster, now if I am a twirp, what does that make you ;)

Although to be fair, you have a point but sometimes, I actually try to be one on purpose for entertainment value. It's worked for the last three years me thinks :)

Atom, I think I misquoted you. I believe you said "oh @&$" which proves your pure athe

ist heart, er... Brain.

So when you tell your woman you love her, is it with "all your heart" or "all your brain"?

Actually Atom, you were the only one giggling like a school girl on the trip. No religion and no fear!

Atom, I think I misquoted you. I believe you said "oh @&$" which proves your pure athe

ist heart, er... Brain.

So when you tell your woman you love her, is it with "all your heart" or "all your brain"?

Actually Atom, you were the only one giggling like a school girl on the trip. No religion and no fear!

wtf are you on about :D

ist heart, er... Brain.

If there was a way of discovering knowledge of religion and where it comes from there are two routes, one is what I might call discovered knowledge (i.e. the world is round) and the other is through Greek philosophy where a claim to higher knowledge of

Edited by spud

birds are attracted by planets because of there colour and the planet want the birds to help pollination,

The intergalactic canary, was orbiting planet earth at a little less than light speed, when out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a pile of brightly colored seed.

... quickly donning his re entry plumage he broke through the atmosphere loosing but a few feathers. He was momentarily distracted by a returning shining UFO which had captured the brains (andy t) from the eastern part of a populated land known only as engerland, least that what the hordes packed in like sadines were rhythmically chanting in a more cental location called wemberly.........