Looking For An Old Trials Rider

farmer58za

Hi all

I'm looking for an old trials rider from the '60s and '70s called Mike Saintey. He should be around about 70 now. The last address I have for him is in Portsmouth where he was staying in 1998.

The reason I'm looking for him is that he was the first owner of my Cheetah trials bike and I'm hoping to get some info that will assist me in restoring it to "as competed" condition.

Thanks in advance.

David

Hi all

I'm looking for an old trials rider from the '60s and '70s called Mike Saintey. He should be around about 70 now. The last address I have for him is in Portsmouth where he was staying in 1998.

The reason I'm looking for him is that he was the first owner of my Cheetah trials bike and I'm hoping to get some info that will assist me in restoring it to "as competed" condition.

Thanks in advance.

David

Jeez, I forgot to look up that info you asked me for, I'll try this weekend!

Big John

• 1 year later...
Hi all

Thanks in advance.

David

Hi anyone interested,

I have a Cheetah frame, engine, and I think original tank which I will initially put together with some Fantic 240 wheels I have. More genuine wheels may be added later if they turn up at a price I can afford! I remember Arthur Dovey and Paul Dunkley were supported riders in the Southern Centre and worked closely with Bob Gollner. I haven't got details of their whereabouts.

Also very interesting is that they tried out a cable operated front disc brake on some of the bikes - prophetic stuff back in '67/'68!!

I'm looking forward to any info that is unearthed!

Nigel

Hi

I had the ex Paul Dunkley Cheetah, and last rode it in the Perce Simon 1973 (i think).

Retiring with a broken gearbox, a large stone got caught in the chain and jammed up in the front of the gearbox sprocket, breaking the case.

Anyway if you want me to email a picture of the bike, unfortunately with me sat on it in 73 I will.

Regards

Martin