Problems With Scorpa 175f Longride

theevilscotsman666

Hey i have got two probmes with my scorpa 175 f (2005) the first is that it is lacking that last bit of power that i need to get up hills, but the funny thing is it had it when i first got it and done the birkett mods(except skiming the flywheel). i had the carb off yestarday becasue the bike wouldnt start properly from cold when i had it off i took the main jet(+ the one beside it) and the mixture out and cleaned them and also had the two wee jets on the carb out and cleaned. so now im stuck to why ive not go that power ;)

second problem is that the suspension is pretty slack(think it might be with me getting bigger xD) i was wondering how to go about tightening the front and the back up.

any help would be great, thanks Ross =]

I have got a 125 and when ever you have the carb apart always check the float height. They can go out easily and will not always run right. Carb needs to be spot on on the Scorpa... On the 125 it is 18mm, not sure if 175 is the same ?? ;)

Just as a general rule of thumb if you're going to strip the carb down to clean the jets run compressed air through the carb body as well. Goo doesn't just get stuck in the jets. Also when you say you cleaned them hopefully it was with compressed air and not running a wire through them. That always freaks me out when I read that on here.

Also be careful with assembly. The girlfriend had carb issues with her TTR125 that I didn't want to deal with because she was getting a bit whiny about me breaking it so she took it to a dealer. Still didn't run right so I had no choice. Dealer cleaned the jets then reassembled the carb wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

When you do the carb you need to use compressed air AND small wire on the jets.

Compressed air alone won't clean out the ethanol blockage that builds up.

I cleaned jets twice and no luck until I used the wire (very small copper, won't damage jet innards).

The Honda service dept. gave me the tip. Worked great 2 X.

Make sure the float goes up and down easily without snagging on anything and then

when its together warm it up and adjust the air screw very carefully (IF YOU CAN GET TO IT).

That should get the tuning spot on.