Bultaco 4t

martinm

This bike has been featured in a magazine recently. With me being a tight a rse I would have read it in a shop somewhere so I can't remember but no doubt someone will have it. May have been classic dirtbike ?? Too many scramblers in there for me. ;)

The article appeared in either YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE or Classic Dirt Bike a few months ago.

From memory, the builder used mainly stock Bultaco Sherpa parts including the bottom end, grafted (I think) a Sanglas four-stroke top half to it.

Rear shock looks like the Spanish market only 'Magical' dampers made by Blay Jobe.

By the looks of it those pictures were taken at the recent 50th Anniversary celebrations of Bultaco.

Big John

Edited by Big John

The bike was featured in the UK edition of YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE a few months back. It is a superbly engineered special using a Yamaha 250 cylinder/head grafted onto a Bultaco bottom end, made by a Spanish enthusiast. I'd like to know where the oil pump is sited and how is it driven, and if the crankcase was opened up to allow the gearbox oil to be used as cylinder lubricant. Also, if the cam drive was taken from a new sprocket fitted to the LHS crank. (It's given me ideas for the next generation GG 4T)

From memory, the lad reground the cam profile for improved trial performance, it reportedly ran quite well.

Bye, PeterB.