4rt Tick Over Question

davh

Guys,

hoping you can put my mind at rest i have an 08 repsol and when it is sitting on tickover the is a definate miss or pop from the exhaust ??? I've checked everything and everything appears OK ?? I've changed the oil's and filter, changed the air filter (new), new spark plug and up'd the idle speed as it was a pig to start seems ok now though!! But still has that noise from the exhaust ?? maybe i'm being paranoid, i sure hope so!!

First four stroke i've had and i love it but still finding my feet with the maintenance side of things !! PARANOID !!!!

Cheers in advance !!

Probably an air leak in the exaust joints, check nuts on cylinder head to exaust flange and joint to silencer. Gaskets at said joints may need replacing. The main symptom of exaust air leaks is a popping or backfire when snapping throttle shut. Check these joints first before getting too involved.

Probably an air leak in the exaust joints, check nuts on cylinder head to exaust flange and joint to silencer. Gaskets at said joints may need replacing. The main symptom of exaust air leaks is a popping or backfire when snapping throttle shut. Check these joints first before getting too involved.

Gee, I wonder how you know that?

How you doing mate/ long time no see! ;)

Are you tuning up the gassers again ? Maybe a SHERCO!

Best to all,

MC

ps- Did you get a proper pic of the one I sent Dabster, Alexz in the valley of eden?

OH MY GOD !!!! Scotty Boy it could have something to do with that !!!! I've bought a new helmet ye ken fi big wull so i'm trying to stay upright now !!!

Good Son how's it going you still clearing pubs with a single fart !! Oh CHrist that was me !!!!!!!!!

Edited by davh

OH MY GOD !!!! Scotty Boy it could have something to do with that !!!! I've bought a new helmet ye ken fi big wull so i'm trying to stay upright now !!!

Good Son how's it going you still clearing pubs with a single fart !! Oh CHrist that was me !!!!!!!!!

Houston!.. you are going to give Scots people a bad name!

Big John