Difference Between Racing - Long Ride

phreac

Hi all,

I'm considering to buy a scorpa 200f four stroker (2009). I would like to order it with the proper paperwork to be able to drive it on the road (long ride-version), but my first choice is going to the racing version.

My question is: what is the exact difference between the racing and the long ride version of the scorpa 200f.

1. seat + larger gas tank

2.front light and rear

suspension settings? different handlebar? carb. settings? sidestand?

How much work/cost would it be for me to transform it back to a 'racing' with the proper paperwork (from the long ride) to drive it on the road?

My second question is one of available power: I've ridden enduro's the past few years. I've ridden a WR450F (steel framed) and now am riding a YZ250 (alu-framed). My road bike is a bandit 1250N. I think I can handle more power than the 200f will deliver, but my question is: will the power of the 200f be enough or will it disappoint me? My main use for it is technical enduro's and basic trial (not the 2m high rock hopping thingy, not ready for that yet!)

The 200f appeals to me because it is bulletproof and won't consume to much gas (+no need to take oil with you-compared to 2stroker) thus long(er) action radius.

Thanks for the advice,

really appreciate it!

as far as I am aware the only differences are the ones you have mentioned...

May have heard something about a different CDI in the racing model but not sure???

The 200f will be ideal for what you need it for (technical enduro/basic trial) I have been riding mine for about two years now and it has enough power to drag me round the hard route at club trials in lincolnshire!!!!

As for riding it on the road, I have an 07 racing model which is road legal (day time only) all you need is a speedo and a horn. If search the forum you will be able to find more info on making bikes road legal.

So only the gas tank and the seat...when I was looking for at the SY250 few years back, the handlebars were different for the long ride and the racing as well...

Doesn't anyone know a good site to get some scorpa information from?

Thanks

I have a 2006 Scorpa TY-S125F Long Ride.

There was three different models.

- TY-S125F Long Ride

- TY-S125F

- SY125F

The Long Ride differs compared to the ordinary TY-S.

- Front fork tubes are extended 40 mm by screw in extenders for improved stability on road. No air vents.

- Fuel tank is 5 liter instead of 2.9.

- Seat is longer 530 mm instead of 450.

- Different foot rests.

- Reinforced side stand.

- Protection flap for shock absorber.

The racing model is different in many parts being lighter and competition oriented.

- No seat.

- Front forks. Recognisable by having three pinch bolts on axle.

- Fork yokes. Recognisable by having three pinch bolts on lower yoke.

- Handlebar without "bird pin". Large diameter?

- Front wheel, including brake disc and four pistong caliper instead of two.

- Rear wheel and brake disc. Tubeless.

- Air cleaner filter is single instead of double and top air inlet has a bigger hole.

- Different engine guard plate with 10 mm pad instead of 5.

- Frame different but same weight.

- Rear fender.

- Different tail light.

- Stickers.

- No rear view mirrors.

- Hydraulic clutch.

- Foot rests.

- No speedometer or steering lock.

- Different head light.

- No direction indicators or horn.

- Main jet 105 instead of 100.

How much of this is true for later years I don't know.

Thanks for the info!

Hope I can get my hands on an 09 racing that is road legal then. That is IF there is going to be an 09.

Don't think there is a good 4-stroke alternative for these bikes (which is affordable...) my next choice then will be the BETA rev.3 .

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 200 Long Ride (164cc or so) and love it. Not that great on gas, tho (it might be I need a tune up).

No need the racing one, you're not going to need it. Handles great. Suspension is up to most anything too.

Seat is surprisingly good, VERY good! Power is adequate but you have to sing it on some rad stuff

(much better to use all the power on a light easy to handle bike than get into trouble with a heavier or more powerful bike!)

Weight is magical and makes this bike so much fun you'll have a hard time stopping.

There are other comparable bikes (I have them) like the TLR 200 and Rev 4 and CRF 100.

The TLR 200 has the best power (my Rev 4 has a hitch above idle) and is the most dependable by a mile.

CRF is another magical bike also. The complicated maintenence of the French Scorpa and Italian Beta make

them regrettable choices in a sense (altho no regrets on the Scorpa for the Japanese motor and great qualities).