Original Ossa Pennine

08colin

I'd love to upload pictures Colin sent me of his Ossa Pennine, but for some reason it will simply not allow me to do so!

I have tried reducing the size and clarity, but the amount of available upload keeps saying "22.83 MB of 19.53 MB; upload failed, The file was larger than the available space".

I could upload photos before the server change, but not now, sorry guys. Maybe I can get Andy or Atom Ant to oblige if I sent them on?

Big John

I just made a new Ossa page, have a look.

http://www.twnclub.ch/classic_trial_files/Ossa/Ossa1.htm

Well done on the Ossa Page. A friend of mine for years had one of those Cantilever frames hanging in his workshop. He rode outfits so maybe thats why he didnt use it, or maybe another reason. Can't remember which type it was, but possibly came straight out of Holdens. We both worked less than 200 yds from Ossa UK at Ferndown. Roger Holden (Cliff's son?) also lived around the corner from me at the time.

I'll have to find out what happened to the frame or it's background.

Wayne...

I rode a Cheney Ossa for a couple of years way back when I had a bit of support from Windsor Comp shop. Lovely bike the frame coupled with a Mikuni carb and different exhaust made the bike much beter to ride. Simon Cheney used to ride a cantilever version built by his father and at one time I remember him trying a leading link front end on the bike too. Eric & Simon both maintained they were lighter than the normal telescopic forks. I had a ride on it once and it felt very odd to say the least, didn't like the revvy motor Simon used but then he did come from an MX background. As I recall Eric's frames were nickel plated rather than chrome plated and the welding was a work of art

Hy

I had some time and added on the first Ossa page 2 small 1MB clips from 1970, Super8 film digitalised, poor quality but original and vintage, green/yellow Ossa Pluma / Pennine 250. Don't know the name of Swiss rider.

Event is International Alpentrial Oberiberg 1970 in Swiss Alps, won by Gordon Farley (wearing black and white checked cap) on Cota 247.

Prior Alpentrials were won by S Miller, Don Smith (whom I met 2003 at Scott Pre65) and Gustav Franke (met 2007 in N

• 8 years later...

Hi, I have an old bill of sale for my old ossa pennine. reg number UAU 9H. Bought in 1975. I have just read the above posts. i wondered if it's still about. and who has it now. thank you. paul. I sold it to a guy. on Brimmington common, in chesterfield Derbyshire. not sure of the date. but having just come across. the paperwork. it made me want to see how it looked once more. Amazing , I also met a friend from long ago. last week and he still has his later model Ossa trials. I never entered any competitions on it thou. i did have the front hub crack, and Dave Thorpe sold me a front wheel for a Tenner.  Cheers. guys. 

• It's still on the DVLA database.......
  • Vehicle make: OSSA
  • Date of first registration: April 1970
  • Cylinder capacity (cc): 250 cc
  • CO₂Emissions: Not available
  • Fuel type: PETROL
  • Export marker: No
  • Vehicle status: Tax not due
  • Vehicle colour: NOT STATED
  • Vehicle type approval: Not available
  • Wheelplan: 2 WHEEL
  • Revenue weight: Not available
  • Tax rates: