Side Car Trials

motovintage

is anyone still doing side car trials in europe? I thought side car trials was all but dead, I recently saw an article in the AMA magazine where they were riding a big event at the ile of man, I have never seen a trilas side car rig in person, always thought it looked like a lot of fun, I have not seen any mention of on trials central

Sidecar trials in the UK is still alive and kicking.

We have a nine round British Championship with four difernet classes Expert, Master, Clubmen & newcomer.

Approx 50 different crews have competed in the championship this season and the Manx 2 Day you mention on the Isle of Man gets an entry of 40 every year!

• 1 month later...

Are sidecars always mounted on the clutch side of the bike?

or can they be either side?

I just happened to be looking through some old photos from my Northern California PITS days and came across a couple of rigs

that were running at the time (we had quite a few for a while). Right-hand rigs on the brake side, and I'll see if they post o.k.:

Jon

JSE,

Thanks for that.

Is there any advantage to running it on one side or the other?

I would say kick start unless its a beta or a fantic.... HA!

I did a google search and i couldnt find a side car on the left side of the bike anywhere... Hmmm why is that?

Are we building one zippy? I have tons of extra wheels and axles even some old bike frames shocks ect... You knew that.

--Biff

biffsgasgas Posted Today, 01:34 PM

Are we building one zippy? I have tons of extra wheels and axles even some old bike frames shocks ect... You knew that.

Sure would be interesting!!!!

Wonder if we could do a twinshock and a modern rig?

I think we would be the only ones in MI riding sidecar!?