Tennis Elbow?

the addict

had it in both arms at separate times

I had steroid injection in one and it is a quick fix

the other was sorted with a session of exercises but it took about three months to get it better

pay your money and take your choice

I had it,it does take time and rest it etc. My O H thought she had it (diagnosed) and it turned out to be a spine problem that flared up in the elbow. Pro lapsed dics, that was 2 yrs ago it's better but not 100%. Does he do a job that causes repetetive strain injury ??

Most cases that i see, and i see a growing amount are due to a Kyphotic posture which sadly we're prone to in trials Kyphosis Site

As the head moves forward and the shoulders pronate it causes problems with the radial nerve. It runs from cervical 7 and 8 in the neck and can sometimes be attributed to radial tunnel syndrome rather than tennis elbow . In most cases i see its usually a little of both issues.

Mobilize the nerve using some stretches, place the arm against a wall with the wrist extended and stretch it within pain free range, next move around into further positions in order to floss the nerve.

Its also worth stretching Pec Major and Minor and looking at the alignment of the neck. Try to rest it and build up slowly and it should be fine in no time. Hope that makes some sort of sense. :huh:

Edited by billycraig

Just a daft thing (which I seem to have a lot of experience of),have his bar grips worn smooth?

It made a difference to me when I changed mine,I didn't have to grip the bars so tightly.

Hope it's that simple. :huh:

It's interesting this is, when I was a racing cyclist everyone had to get fitted to their bike, when I say fitted I mean every millimetre was taken into account and there was a special service for it. I must admit my back suffers after a day on the bike. I think it's partly due to a motorsport crash in August where I was karted off in an ambulance unconcious and partly due to how I fit the bike. I'm going to have an hour or so playing with my bike until I feel like it fits.

Used to be a centre expert a few years ago, got back into it recently after a 4 yearish break and arms been killing since. Lots of answers here thanks, think he needs to go and see someone for a thorough check up and get it sorted.

As a straight answer, probably would not be far off to suggest a goog Chiro as a start if your mate is old and beat up like some of us.

Need to keep some movement in things you know, along with the good stretches! Billy has it to the science it seems! Little to none of this will you recieve from a regular MD! And seems only a few DO's will give you the insight!

I don't care if you think you are near death, stay away from the surgeons unless everyone else has given up, they can really screw you up! :huh: