Ty250 Rear Wheel

bosely103

Hi everyone new to the trials scene, I have bought a bike (TY250), but found a few problems. Mainly a very badly corroded wheel and spokes were so bad i had to grind the in half. Does any one know if they are still available. The rear rim is also badly corroded. Does anyone know if any other rim can be adapted to fit? Also need to find another shock absorber - can one be adapted from another model to fit? Any info on obtaining spares would be greatly appreciated.

I rebuilt a 250cc mono a while back and got all the parts from Here very helpful people and they know more about yamaha monos than most.

As for the rear shock you could try someone like Falcon. Not cheap mind.They rebuilt one for me on a 245 fantic,came to about

Well i remember the monos when they where sate of the art in 1983 and you have to have one.Anyway the origanel hub and spokes are not like standart they are genuine Yamaha parts we called the Spokes Z spokes.the origanal hubs where very fragile and we put aftermarket talon hubs and standart spokes in it.Try Talon.Go on ebay germany there is a guy selling brand new Wilbers shocks for the mono.

Chrs:Mike

You could try this guy, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/robbossrichdick, he's a trials breaker. He was selling a 'rare as' TYZ proper flanged tubeless rear wheel last week. Might be worth ringing him,

Craig

But be wary of this seller as they describe everything they are selling as being in VERY GOOD CONDITION even when in reality it ain't!

Edited by mollygreen

But be wary of this seller as they describe everything they are selling as being in VERY GOOD CONDITION even when reality it ain't!

Hate to say it but he's right. I would always call in person and inspect very very very carefully before parting with the folding.

I have had good stuff off them BUT also they have tried to palm off some rough stuff.

Saying that have always found them helpful and they have always agreed to a refund if i was not happy when i got my purchase home.

Cavieat emptor.

Congratulations on passing your CSE English language exam McPoindexter.

Now F*uck Off.

Although I don't think you'll be able to resist the overwhelming desire to share some more of your exquisite grasp of the English language with the rest of the trials community!

You illiterate racist. (look it up in the dictionary)