Xispa

doogle

So has anyone actually got one of the new Xispas, or even seen one at a trial?

I think Haven have had them for sale for quite a while, but I have not seen one out and about. Only at The Dirt Bike Show.

Just wondered what they were like for a normal rider to ride.

It would be a shame if they disapeared before they really got going. Another trials bike manufacturer has got to be a good thing??

I am not sure they are cheap enough to make people go for them instead of the established brands. Hopefully they will sell a few.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haven have only got the test bike at the moment but are getting some in shortly. i have had a go on the 250 xispa demo bike quite early on when haven got it and from riding the other brands of bike and the xispa it feels very much like a sherco. the suspension felt abit soft and didn't have much life in it but am sure that could be sorted out with some adjustment. every thing else felt good, brakes were good and powerful and keen and had plenty of low end power and seemed to rev orite when opened up too and felt sturdy and that so hopefully haven and xispa will be selling bikes soon, cant see why not with all the others well into the 4k price bracket and this one staying at a much lower price. its just the reliability and strength of the bike that needs testing.

I read a spanish version of YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE in the summer with a test in it by former world round rider David Cobos and it came out well, just said that the suspension was a bit duff.

Can't remember what they were riding it alongside, think it was a Sherco.

For reliability, you'd have to see one get round The Scottish, I see on the entry list that there's an englishman and a spaniard riding them this year.

For reliability, you'd have to see one get round The Scottish, I see on the entry list that there's an englishman and a spaniard riding them this year.

as there was last year...... and we all know how that worked out :wub:

I do hope they manage to get the bikes there this year as it will be interesting to see how they get on.

they might even get a world championship team together if it all works out, which can only be a good thing! that in-turn may inspire other companies to join the sport.

we can live in hope cant we.

I enquired about a new Evo the other day and they had just sold the last of the batch and a new batch was arriving this week. They said they would be going up in price from just under 4k. I doubt they would put them up by a grand! I hope not anyway.

Last I heard the Xispa was going to be about 3100-3200. Could be wrong though.

Possibly might be going up by that much...all down to exchange rates with the euro, the pound is down 20% since November, that would make one just under

'Ere, Woody,are you sure about the price of a new Evo...this is not a plug,I have no connection to this seller------ wouldn't even pay 4k for one

Well, that's more like the price I thought they should be - apart from this ebay item though, no-one seems to advertise prices anymore. Someone I know phoned BVM this week and couldn't get a price out of them for a new bike, two different brands I think.

Personally, I've no idea of the prices of the current bikes, doubt I'll ever be buying one again so don't follow them, but the prices I mentioned were the prices I was told by someone last week who has recently bought a new 250 GasGas.

If they're correct I'd no idea they'd gone so high. Will many people be spending that sort of money on a trials bike in this economic climate. Used car market is dead at the moment so what chance of hobby bikes selling in the sort of volumes from previous years. Still can't believe over

I think it's like a lot of things at present the euro/ pound thing and as Woody says the economic climate. Anything imported is going to rocket in price, there are a handfull of Scorpa 125s left but Birketts not scooping them up because of the poor exchange rate, they would be big money for what they are. Same goes for everything else. Pity we stopped manufacturing as when the rate is like it is we could have done well exporting (maybe not this recession) but it would have been on the back burner, and that goes for loads of other products. The Chinese have not proved themselves yet really. Yes they can knock out cheap radios, toasters etc etc all day long, but the 2 wheel products I have seen up to now have been ****e. And what they have done with the Rover left overs is a joke after BMW held on to the cream(Mini)I really like Jon Bliss's Cotswolds, one thing holding me back the Jialing motor (they have a good name) stigma maybe.

I would like to see the UK turning out an affordable trials bike, not just a frame or kit to those with an open cheque book. Rant over. :wub:

Edited by bo drinker

didn't birkett try and create his own machine not too many years ago????? can't see why he doen't start producing his own machines now he obviously has the knowledge.....

suppose the cost/time to make your own engines must be massive... I personally think it needs to be bigger companies who already have the facilities and and funds to do such a thing that need to get involved.

would love to see a british name on the market tho

Edited by thespikeyone