Xispa

doogle

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope I'm wrong because another manufacturer would of course be good but I just don't see how they can have a workable business plan in today's financial environment. They are launching a completely new brand on the market at precisely the wrong time, unless they are looking at seriously undercutting the competition. If that isn't or can't be the case I believe people will either hang on to their current bike or they'll stay with a known and trusted brand. The endless discussions on availability and their appearance at events, that seems to never happen, allied to the fact that a lot of people regard them, rightly or wrongly, as clones of existing bikes just makes it all the harder for them to break into the market when they do appear. Again I hope I'm wrong but I've just got a feeling it might all go belly up.

There have been clones of the old Honda XL 125 coming out of China for years, some say Honda had some money in the Chinese factories ?? The engines are not too bad apparently but the rest is rubbish, they rarely make it to the first MOT @ 3 yrs old. They were under

Edited by bo drinker

There have been clones of the old Honda XL 125 coming out of China for years, some say Honda had some money in the Chinese factories ?? The engines are not too bad apparently but the rest is rubbish, they rarely make it to the first MOT @ 3 yrs old. They were under

Vince @ Haven tells me the bikes are made in Spain & not China at all, & with parts being sourced from similar outside suppliers as the other spanish bikes ie brakes / wheels etc, it may be a good idea to compare spare parts when required, there may be a saving to be had. We will see

I'll be happy to see some xispa's out there, why don't people just stop slagging them off, i bet they'll be good bikes they gave it a good review in the YOU HAVE USED WORDS OR A PHRASE WHICH ARE NOT PERMITTED ON THIS WEBSITE. PLEASE DELETE YOUR POST/TOPIC. DO NOT TRY TO CIRCUMVENT THE FILTERS IN PLACE ON THIS WEBSITE.

More trials manufacturers the better!!! :wub:

I think it's like a lot of things at present the euro/ pound thing and as Woody says the economic climate. Anything imported is going to rocket in price, there are a handfull of Scorpa 125s left but Birketts not scooping them up because of the poor exchange rate, they would be big money for what they are. Same goes for everything else. Pity we stopped manufacturing as when the rate is like it is we could have done well exporting (maybe not this recession) but it would have been on the back burner, and that goes for loads of other products. The Chinese have not proved themselves yet really. Yes they can knock out cheap radios, toasters etc etc all day long, but the 2 wheel products I have seen up to now have been ****e. And what they have done with the Rover left overs is a joke after BMW held on to the cream(Mini)I really like Jon Bliss's Cotswolds, one thing holding me back the Jialing motor (they have a good name) stigma maybe.

I would like to see the UK turning out an affordable trials bike, not just a frame or kit to those with an open cheque book. Rant over. :wub:

The Chinese can and do make quality products.

The problem is companies from other countries go to China and say they want the cheapest prices. You get what you pay for.

I am seeing more larger CC motorcycles(moto-x and enduro) coming out of China this year aND THERE QUALITY IS GETTING BETTER.

The Chinese have there own National Moto-X series. Wouldn't it be a good thing if they had a National trials series.

A chinese Motorcycle company entered two Motorcycle and riders for the first time this year in the Dakar rally so there making a effort .

They have there own Dakar style rally in China which is getting bigger every year. I think they should be encouraged to enter motorcycle sports.

When a UK motorcycle company puts out a trials bike I wonder what the response will be????An affordable one your kidding yourself.

If the UK make a affordable trials bike I'm betting it will make the Chinese bikes seem real reliable.

Edited by bigdamo

Okay we can't buy a UK built trials bike but with the economy and unemployment as it is we should/ maybe are thinking more of home interests like never before . Go to France and they wouldn't dream of not buying and supporting the French workforce and they have a choice with trials bikes. Yet here we have as you mention only thought of what is cheap, and yes you get what you pay for. I like most other people have only seen the bikes mentioned XL clones etc. Time will tell I suppose. When the Japanese cracked the UK market they did it with some bikes way ahead of their time.

Edited by bo drinker

Okay we can't buy a UK built trials bike but with the economy and unemployment as it is we should/ maybe are thinking more of home interests like never before . Go to France and they wouldn't dream of not buying and supporting the French workforce and they have a choice with trials bikes. Yet here we have as you mention only thought of what is cheap, and yes you get what you pay for. I like most other people have only seen the bikes mentioned XL clones etc. Time will tell I suppose. When the Japanese cracked the UK market they did it with some bikes way ahead of their time.

The French Scorpa's engine are from Japan I believe.They can't be supporting there companies 100% then.