Xispa

doogle

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a 2009 bike a 280r,previously had a few different bikes gas gas/beta etc and decided to bite the bullet and go for a newer bike,luckily still kept my trusty mont 315 2004! Anyhow the xispa looked good and was a bargain for an 09 bike,test rode it felt good as it does when new,then the sh.t slowly hit the fan i'll list it as i go, i'm 13 stone no super heavy weight,the rear shock was set as stiff as poss still waaay to soft,in turn made the fork rake/head angle so slack it ploughed in the corners and turned like a barge,forks are absolute crap and twist and flex under any hard riding,kickstart clips the frame and slowlys eats away at the alloy until it snaps,a absolute nightmare to start unless hot,sumpguard/bashplate way to low bottoms out on lots that my mont would roll over with ease,the whole bike was getting worse with every wash graphics plastics etc,i had one for a week and that was long enough for me,it actually made we want to stop riding trials and i was looking for another bike quick sharp,the 2nd hand value was shocking the guy really didn't want the bike and i lost nearly 900 quid in a week on a px,i think the bike would be ok for a new comer who didnt ride a lot and just wanted to mess about on a new bike but anyone who wants to ride half seriously give it a miss it's a T.B.S.O a Trials Bike Shaped Object!

I had a 2009 bike a 280r,previously had a few different bikes gas gas/beta etc and decided to bite the bullet and go for a newer bike,luckily still kept my trusty mont 315 2004! Anyhow the xispa looked good and was a bargain for an 09 bike,test rode it felt good as it does when new,then the sh.t slowly hit the fan i'll list it as i go, i'm 13 stone no super heavy weight,the rear shock was set as stiff as poss still waaay to soft,in turn made the fork rake/head angle so slack it ploughed in the corners and turned like a barge,forks are absolute crap and twist and flex under any hard riding,kickstart clips the frame and slowlys eats away at the alloy until it snaps,a absolute nightmare to start unless hot,sumpguard/bashplate way to low bottoms out on lots that my mont would roll over with ease,the whole bike was getting worse with every wash graphics plastics etc,i had one for a week and that was long enough for me,it actually made we want to stop riding trials and i was looking for another bike quick sharp,the 2nd hand value was shocking the guy really didn't want the bike and i lost nearly 900 quid in a week on a px,i think the bike would be ok for a new comer who didnt ride a lot and just wanted to mess about on a new bike but anyone who wants to ride half seriously give it a miss it's a T.B.S.O a Trials Bike Shaped Object!

well, well, well

- the 2010 has a new shock, 09's tended to be soft with 16 stone riders, not sure about 13 stone as that's my weight an I have no issues. What was your damping adjustment set at?

- I have had no issues with the forks - can't help there but I would have definitely liked you to demonstrate what you claim.

- kickstart levers have been replaced on warranty, issue resolved

- Keihin / OKO carbs need a fuel filter otherwise the pilot will plug continuously, my bikes start second kick every time from right out of the box and run very well. ($4) resolution and clean your carb

- plastics (are durable) and decals are very good compared and a little armorall after a wash bring it back to new.

Am I right in reading that you only had the bike for a week? Did you really even try to sort out any of the issues. Sad that you lost that much money in a week.

Now, I read on another thread in the "general area" about the price of mudguards and their durability from another brand. Do your homework and investigate what a XiSPA mudguard spare is and how they fair with durability. I've broken one mudguard on a sub zero day bashing it off a rock. I've seen them put through a lot and have not seen one other broken. All my decals are like new. I will guarantee you the other XiSPA spares are very reasonable also.

I'm looking at this customer/rider from a dealer/importer prospective (cause I am) and what experience I have had and feedback from other dealers and importers from other countries.

I am a dealer / importer so read my post with caution cause my glass is half full.

cheers

bob

:crying:

Hmmm. An ugly review.

Did Mick Boam ride one on the Colmore in the end? I know he was entered on one.

From what I got secondhand Mick Boam has decided that a scorpa is better for him than a Xispa.

From what we here in the UK can gather the importer (if he really does exist!!) is neither enthusiastic or half full of anything. The silence and more to the point availability is non existent from what ordinary punters can tell.

well, well, well

- the 2010 has a new shock, 09's tended to be soft with 16 stone riders, not sure about 13 stone as that's my weight an I have no issues. What was your damping adjustment set at?

- I have had no issues with the forks - can't help there but I would have definitely liked you to demonstrate what you claim.

- Keihin / OKO carbs need a fuel filter otherwise the pilot will plug continuously, my bikes start second kick every time from right out of the box and run very well. ($4) resolution and clean your carb

- plastics (are durable) and decals are very good compared and a little armorall after a wash bring it back to new.

Am I right in reading that you only had the bike for a week? Did you really even try to sort out any of the issues. Sad that you lost that much money in a week.

Now, I read on another thread in the "general area" about the price of mudguards and their durability from another brand. Do your homework and investigate what a XiSPA mudguard spare is and how they fair with durability. I've broken one mudguard on a sub zero day bashing it off a rock. I've seen them put through a lot and have not seen one other broken. All my decals are like new. I will guarantee you the other XiSPA spares are very reasonable also.

I'm looking at this customer/rider from a dealer/importer prospective (cause I am) and what experience I have had and feedback from other dealers and importers from other countries.

I am a dealer / importer so read my post with caution cause my glass is half full.

cheers

bob

Well at least you exist Bob. How are sales over there?

well, well, well

cheers

bob

Thanks for your reply bob,

The shock was preloaded as tight as possible on the spring and damping/compression as hard as poss,this is the major problem with the bike as it chucks the whole geometry of the bike out,it's like riding it around nearly bottomed out on the suspension it lowers the bashplate/sump,slackens the fork rake,makes the fork work less efficient as its at the wrong angle etc,maybe a shock/spring replacement would sort it or maybe a slightly longer stroke shock?

The fork problem was the rebound and flex,i had the rebound set fast as possible and it is way to slow,the fork just didn't work as well as anything i have ridden in the past and is very under damped.

You say the kickstarts have been replaced under warranty but have the redesigned them so they don't damage the frame too?

Thanks for the tips on the carb and filter should have tried that and maybe would have sorted it,!

I just get the feeling that the 2009 bike has some major faults as stock,sure it can remedied but if your buying a brand new bike surely you should be able to take it out for a ride and not worry about it starting,or worried about the kick start snapping,all i am saying is that i went backwards in my riding when i slung a leg over a xispa if the 2010 bikes has all the above sorted then i would say the bikes are good.

Cheers!

Hi Joe

Kick lever is good now and doesn't touch the frame, 2010's have a new shock with more adjustability. The bikes runs great so I think maybe you had carby issues. I haven't had enough time on a 2010 to say anything yet but I do "see" the impovements I was looking for. I've ridden and seen the bike in about 15 events so far and a lot of pleasure riding.

best regards

bob

Well at least you exist Bob. How are sales over there?

Hi Nigel

I do know that Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Iran, Japan, Canada, UK, South Africa to name a few are importing. US is maybe soon to come, that's a secret :crying: . We only have about 500 competitive riders in Canada but I am very happy with my sales, I'm on my second order for 2010 and western Canada is opening up :crying: . The bigger market in Canada is the X-trainers and pleasure riders, it's probably that way everywhere.

Havensport in the UK are selling XiSPA's and I do know the importer exists.

I'm told there are two brands warning off dealers around the world (if you sell XiSPA they will not supply their brands). Short term that works, long term my guess it won't.

side note: if a brand runs a world rider and team then they will easily need to raise their base price by $1000 to $1500 per bike. that's just the math part of it. The second XiSPA fields a world rider and team you will see the price raise dramatically. Bou, Raga, Caby, Fuji, etc and their teams are all paid by the punters. Trouble is these guys ride at a level now that no one can relate to and many are scared off by. (I can't ride like a poggo stick, it's too dangerous and i need a seat for trail riding, is what I hear from my perspective customers)

I am trying to stay on Andy's good side so everyone take my posts with a grain of salt as a view's from a dealer / importer. I'm simply adding my perspective.

best regards (long answer to short question)

bob

Hi Nigel

I do know that Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Iran, Japan, Canada, UK, South Africa to name a few are importing. US is maybe soon to come, that's a secret :crying: . We only have about 500 competitive riders in Canada but I am very happy with my sales, I'm on my second order for 2010 and western Canada is opening up :crying: . The bigger market in Canada is the X-trainers and pleasure riders, it's probably that way everywhere.

Havensport and <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central> in the UK are selling XiSPA's and I do know the importer exists.

I'm told there are two brands warning off dealers around the world (if you sell XiSPA they will not supply their brands). Short term that works, long term my guess it won't.

side note: if a brand runs a world rider and team then they will easily need to raise their base price by $1000 to $1500 per bike. that's just the math part of it. The second XiSPA fields a world rider and team you will see the price raise dramatically. Bou, Raga, Caby, Fuji, etc and their teams are all paid by the punters. Trouble is these guys ride at a level now that no one can relate to and many are scared off by. (I can't ride like a poggo stick, it's too dangerous and i need a seat for trail riding, is what I hear from my perspective customers)

I am trying to stay on Andy's good side so everyone take my posts with a grain of salt as a view's from a dealer / importer. I'm simply adding my perspective.

best regards (long answer to short question)

bob

That's lovely to know Borus but answer the question mate..... "HOW MANY HAVE YOU SOLD????"

That's lovely to know Borus but answer the question mate..... "HOW MANY HAVE YOU SOLD????"

I believe the question was "How are sales" - I have answered honestly and I will keep my business numbers private if you don't mind - you have private PM.

best regards

bob

• 3 weeks later...