Scorpa Gone Into Liquidation !

martinm

I have an 08 sy and was looking to buy an 10 sy.... rumours were/are the 2010 bikes would be a complete revamp. This is my second new scorpa and i'm hoping someone can help save this firm they make excellent clubman bikes and quality of build is on par with montesa....gutted

On Dan's comment about the chinese ... I was reading the jan issue of car&driver yesterday while my daughter was getting her long blonde locks cut off , and in the editorial section was a comment about the private corp. that now owns chrysler possably parting it out to the chinese ...

And Scorpa just can't go away !!! I still want a sy250f !!!

Edited by axulsuv

At least going Chapter 11 will give Scorpa time, hope they can pull through this one but times are very bad as we know,cant see many investors taking on a big debt in such a small ever decreasing market, maybe Yam will help out hopefully?

Edited by The Addict

On Dan's comment about the chinese ... I was reading the jan issue of car&driver yesterday while my daughter was getting her long blonde locks cut off , and in the editorial section was a comment about the private corp. that now owns chrysler possably parting it out to the chinese ...

And Scorpa just can't go away !!! I still want a sy250f !!!

Watch and see what ATK are going to do.

I hope Scorpa survive I really liked my Scorpa. The exchange rate ain't going to help them though or any of the others.

Edited by bigdamo

Here we go again bag out the Chinese.

I would like to think we should encourage the Chinese to get into Trials.

What with 1.3 billion people and if you take a % of that got into trials and they are already big into bicycle trials over there and there Chinese trials bicycle are excepted around the world as a good thing it could only be good.

chinese stunt rider

Not "bagging out" the Chinese. No emotional attachment whatsoever. Simple economics. The cost of labor is cheaper and there is little incentive for the government in China to enforce patent, worker protection, environmental laws. China is pragmatic. If they can kill the competition to be the only supplier they will. Basic supply/demand/resource equation. THe idea that China is a huge market for anything is true to the extent that there are a lot of people. The projected demand for any company outside of China getting a huge benefit from that market long term is oblivious to the aggressive nature of Chinese industrial development. The Chinese government will gladly accept foreign industry while dangling the carrot of domestic market knowing in the long term the domestic capacity to manufacture goods will grow to the point that China will become self sufficient and not only not need foreign companies but will be able to actively displace them in their home market. For years I've been predicting that one probable outcome from the growing use of debt to finance our toy obsession was that China and the other debt holders like Dubai and Saudi Arabia would end up having to forgive a large portion of debt from countries like the US. Simply to keep the US government from going bankrupt.

So am I bagging on the Chinese. No, I'm impressed with how fast the "communist" government has learned to play the capitalist game and the aggressiveness they are showing to win at all cost, in time. The end game is most impressive. I'm more frustrated with the local governments in the US and Europe that open the flood gates to imported goods while not acting to protect their local manufacturing capacity.They are truly selling out their own people. Only now is the full impact starting to be felt.

So yes you will be able to buy an inexpensive trials bike of "acceptable" quality from a Chinese manufacturer... or you could buy food but you won't be able to afford both because when somebody can do your job for 20% of what you get paid now you are worth 20% of what you get paid now. Like it or not, labor (you) are a commodity.

Not "bagging out" the Chinese. No emotional attachment whatsoever. Simple economics. The cost of labor is cheaper and there is little incentive for the government in China to enforce patent, worker protection, environmental laws. China is pragmatic. If they can kill the competition to be the only supplier they will. Basic supply/demand/resource equation. THe idea that China is a huge market for anything is true to the extent that there are a lot of people. The projected demand for any company outside of China getting a huge benefit from that market long term is oblivious to the aggressive nature of Chinese industrial development. The Chinese government will gladly accept foreign industry while dangling the carrot of domestic market knowing in the long term the domestic capacity to manufacture goods will grow to the point that China will become self sufficient and not only not need foreign companies but will be able to actively displace them in their home market. For years I've been predicting that one probable outcome from the growing use of debt to finance our toy obsession was that China and the other debt holders like Dubai and Saudi Arabia would end up having to forgive a large portion of debt from countries like the US. Simply to keep the US government from going bankrupt.

So am I bagging on the Chinese. No, I'm impressed with how fast the "communist" government has learned to play the capitalist game and the aggressiveness they are showing to win at all cost, in time. The end game is most impressive. I'm more frustrated with the local governments in the US and Europe that open the flood gates to imported goods while not acting to protect their local manufacturing capacity.They are truly selling out their own people. Only now is the full impact starting to be felt.

So yes you will be able to buy an inexpensive trials bike of "acceptable" quality from a Chinese manufacturer... or you could buy food but you won't be able to afford both because when somebody can do your job for 20% of what you get paid now you are worth 20% of what you get paid now. Like it or not, labor (you) are a commodity.

Dan your wrong

Chinese Government has started withdrawing its protection to factories in china in favor of its environment ,higher quality and letting them stand on there own two feet. Started it last year and they expecting more to close this year.

Cost of labour is no longer cheaper business are going else where.

I know we had a shoe importing Business( womens) and a helluvalot of factories have moved offshore last year.

Case in point.

I bought a pair of Scarpa hiking boots now made in Romania 1st pair lasted one walk and started delaminating second pair last three walks before delaminating.

Big Multi national companies will all ways chase where there dollars are going to get the most bang for there buck does not matter which company or country it is do you not see that?

The cost of labour in China is no longer cheap.Cost of inflation has hit China. They have had a taste of the good life and just like USA they want it all.

Patent has been enforced in China but it will take a while. There is incentive for China to enforce it its called the WTO.

No countries can become self sufficient.North Korea is trying and it ain't working.Maybe Bhutan.

But if your worried about that there other countries around the world that are just as willing as China to flout the laws. Hell I bet I could chase up a USA bitt torrent site that I could start downloading Illegally.I know plenty of my friends here are now getting USA shows\movies the next day here.

If you think China is the only source of cheap labour in this World you have your head up your Ar##.It is Multi national companies who take advantage of this

Hey buy the way does not USA aggressively support its agriculture industry. I know Australia surely got f***** over buy it in the free trade agreement with USA Would that not be a case of a super power enforcing it power over another country just like your saying China is doing to you?If they can kill the competition to be the only supplier they will. Basic supply/demand/resource equation.

I believe USA is forcing your growth hormone beef on the EU and they have barred it and what does the USA do impose massive import taxes on EU products coming into the USA.

You can't have it both ways.

Is it not he consumers demanding cheaper prices and there government complying .

I see the Americans(SE group) have gone into partnership with the Chinese to build a world class ski resort in China I think maybe the Americans may just come out in front on that one.

Yes the Chinese Government can do a hellavue lot more work to do to support its workers.

I think USA should take a long hard look at their companies CEO's( flying in there private Jets and demanding money to bail them out) and what there doing and have done before they start bitchin about other nations doing it better than them.

Back on track I hope Scorpa survives they have a good product.

Edited by bigdamo

At least going Chapter 11 will give Scorpa time, hope they can pull through this one but times are very bad as we know,cant see many investors taking on a big debt in such a small ever decreasing market, maybe Yam will help out hopefully?

Yamaha have just announced a 2 week suspension of production, so maybe not.

It's going to be very tough this year for the auto industry in general and it is a collosal supply chain.

Let's hope all our beloved automootive companies can batten down the hatches and pull through.