Scorpa Gone Into Liquidation !

martinm

Just heard that Scorpa have gone into liquidation. here

Here's a rough translation..... Following the termination of assistance from its main bank, said Scorpa is in liquidation with observation period of six months.

Following numerous meetings with its main bank, but not those they have been able to find a positive outcome, the Board of Scorpa was forced to declare insolvency before the Tribunal de Commerce de N

Depending on the options that could materialize, it is planned to transfer production outside France.

So how about a Chinese built Scorpa? One of my fears with the bailout of the US auto industry is that much of their production will end up overseas in China and India. I can easily see this happen with the trials industry.

Welcome to Wal*mart... The trials section? Over there between the electronics and boys departments.

In the current economic climate I was wondering which bike manufacturer would be first to be in trouble. If the French can do a deal or work it out I am sure they will. Have Yamaha got a stake in the company other than agreeing to supply engines etc ?? I suspect others may go the same way as they are supplying a mainly leisure market and with the Euro as strong as it is against the pound the prices have rocketed and they will not be shifting the bikes they once did. :huh:

Bit more from Moto Verte

It was learned officially this morning, the company has Scorpa bankruptcy and was placed in receivership in an economic context for the less complex ...

Scorpa SA which includes off-road motorcycles, AS Motors (quads) and SEV (electric vehicles) is facing difficult times: after the termination of assistance from its main bank, Scorpa was declared for bankruptcy protection with period observation of six months. "

The announcement said that "numerous meetings with its main bank, have been able to find a positive outcome." The Board of Directors of Scorpa was forced to declare insolvency before the Tribunal de Commerce de N

I think a similar situation happened at Bultaco in the early 1980's, it then became a cooperative, then it finally collapsed, some parallels but not exactly the same as Scorpa's situation it would seem. Production continued for a coupe of years before Bultaco disappeared completely.

However, this is not a good omen for trials at this point in time, less choice for a start!

Big John

Dear Customers,

As you may know, it is a complicated financial time for a lot of companies.

This has been brought about by the difficulties in the banking world. Our

company has been obliged to take action to safeguard our operation. We have

therefore asked to be put under the protection of the French law.

This prevents any attempts to disrupt our production for initially six months,

but with the likelihood of indefinite extension. This arrangement is similar to

the one you may have heard of in the USA called "chapter 11" . This

has allowed our company to continue our daily work. In spite of a general

slowing down of the global market we are satisfied by our order book, for our

new models for 2009, especially on the export side of the market.

We would like to reassure you that the production will remain steady for the

foreseeable future. Any rumours you may have heard about our imminent

liquidation are categorically untrue, due in part to the safe guards we have put

in place.

As always with regards to the future developments we may instigate, to do with

any financial institutions and industrial groups, we will keep you informed on

any decisions.

For any question on this subject do not hesitate to contact us at

knowmore@scorpa.fr

It's just too easy to speculate, but without hard facts on the financial stability of these companies, we are all in the dark I'm afraid.

The only ones that have an idea what is going on are the operational executive directors of the manufacturers themselves!

Big John

So how about a Chinese built Scorpa? One of my fears with the bailout of the US auto industry is that much of their production will end up overseas in China and India. I can easily see this happen with the trials industry.

Welcome to Wal*mart... The trials section? Over there between the electronics and boys departments.

Here we go again bag out the Chinese.

I would like to think we should encourage the Chinese to get into Trials.

What with 1.3 billion people and if you take a % of that got into trials and they are already big into bicycle trials over there and there Chinese trials bicycle are excepted around the world as a good thing it could only be good.

chinese stunt rider

Edited by bigdamo